MSU COM vs. MSU CHM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

okokok

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I was wondering if anyone could share their opinions, thoughts, and hopefully experiences on MSU's two programs? What are the differences/similarities and pros/cons comparatively? All I have heard is they both do their basic sciences together.

I tried to search on my phone a couple of times to find a thread on this topic but I couldn't, surprisingly. If one exists just let me know. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Was wondering this as well, would love to hear some opinions.

at my interview day they said they don't do their basic sciences together anymore. CHM does lecture based learning for the first year and PBL for the 2nd year. very cool in my opinion. COM is lecture based for the first two years. Campus locations are different for each program GR and EL for CHM and EL, detroit, and macomb for COM. COM obviously teaches OMM. Cost is very similar from what i remember. COM starts about a month or so earlier than CHM due to COM teaching anatomy alone in the summer from what ive heard. Both are very involved in community service.