MSU Post Bacc

Started by greenerd
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

greenerd

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone out there...

I've asked this question in one or two other venues, but haven't heard anything.. Does anyone have any experience (good/bad) with the Montana State post bacc program? I saw an old post from a disappointed student, but not too many replied for or against. I spoke to an advisor there, who (obviously) presented the program very favorably and I am considering beginning there in the summer. It would be a big move financially, geographically, etc for me, which I am sure you all understand, so I would love to have some feedback if there is anyone with experience to share.

Thank you!!
 
Hi there,

I haven't heard a ton about it, good or bad. I am starting there this summer, and it was my first choice by a lot because of location. I know this doesn't answer any questions for you, but the way I see it, the post-bacc is a certificate and the point is to do well and get ready to rock the MCAT. For me...I would rather study somewhere where I really want to be, not somewhere that I am going to hate but that has a more recognizable name. 🙂

Let me know if you decide to go there!
 
If you search this forum for "montana" you'll find about 6 threads on it.

Note that more states start with the letter "M" than any other letter, so MSU is maximally ambiguous.

Best of luck to you.
 
Hi there,

I haven't heard a ton about it, good or bad. I am starting there this summer, and it was my first choice by a lot because of location. I know this doesn't answer any questions for you, but the way I see it, the post-bacc is a certificate and the point is to do well and get ready to rock the MCAT. For me...I would rather study somewhere where I really want to be, not somewhere that I am going to hate but that has a more recognizable name. 🙂

Let me know if you decide to go there!

Thanks for the reply! I am planning to start in the summer as well.