MSUCOM application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
W

WALKE219

Hi, for all those accepted to MSU, do you know what this graduate application is for that we have to fill out? (it came with the offical acceptance letter) Seems like just another application?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Walke,

MSU requires all students starting post-undergrad study to fill out the graduate application. It looks like the first semester is starting in May! Some of the MSUCOM students told me it used to be an option, but most students really loved taking the anatomy over the summer, so that's probably why the school made it so for everybody...I wish it started a little later..

I'm confused on the "send original plus 2 copies" thing. Of EVERYTHING?? Just the personal letter/record of experiences? Or do they need 3 of the same disciplinary actions etc?? ahhhhh this secondary is so annoying

Members don't see this ad :)
LisaMD -

Yeah you have to send three copies of everything, I think it is so they can pass it around the adcom meeeting with ease. It is a pretty long secondary, but a perk of that is, when a lot of people see it they don't finish it! Which means less people you compete with.

Ponko -

I guess another $50 application isn't so bad (eventhough I paid them $50 like three weeks ago) haha. I called admissions about it, she called it a formality and "just paperwork for the university. Where did you see the semester starting in May? I thouht it was a late June / July start. Better get on top of this apt search!

LisaMD -

Yeah you have to send three copies of everything, I think it is so they can pass it around the adcom meeeting with ease. It is a pretty long secondary, but a perk of that is, when a lot of people see it they don't finish it! Which means less people you compete with.

Ponko -

I guess another $50 application isn't so bad (eventhough I paid them $50 like three weeks ago) haha. I called admissions about it, she called it a formality and "just paperwork for the university. Where did you see the semester starting in May? I thouht it was a late June / July start. Better get on top of this apt search!
Hi Walke,

Number 7 on the application form-FIRST SEMESTER OF ENROLLMENT, "Summer (MAY)" was already circled (selected) for me. I just assumed that would be the time the semester starts. Last year, the orientation started in mid-June, so I am hopeing that'll stay the same...So many questions, but I am soooo excited!

Thanks for checking!