MSUCOM change of policy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pacna

Dyslexics, untie!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just so everyone is aware, MSUCOM is no longer an exception to the electronic LoR rule.

On Interfolio, it still lists MSUCOM as a school that only accepts PHYSICAL letters. That is NOT TRUE ANYMORE. That policy was changed 4 days ago.

From MSUCOM admissions this morning:
Will you be accepting electronic letters of recommendation from Interfolio this cycle?
"Yes we now only accept electronic letters from Interfolio or Virtual Eval"

Hope this helps you! I actually took MSUCOM off my list due to the hellacious OOS tuition, but I sent this email before that. Good luck! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Just so everyone is aware, MSUCOM is no longer an exception to the electronic LoR rule.

On Interfolio, it still lists MSUCOM as a school that only accepts PHYSICAL letters. That is NOT TRUE ANYMORE. That policy was changed 4 days ago.

From MSUCOM admissions this morning:
Will you be accepting electronic letters of recommendation from Interfolio this cycle?
"Yes we now only accept electronic letters from Interfolio or Virtual Eval"

Hope this helps you! I actually took MSUCOM off my list due to the hellacious OOS tuition, but I sent this email before that. Good luck! :thumbup:

*Double checks calendar to make sure it is not April 1st*

*Double checks calendar to make sure it is not April 1st*

Call them. I can take a screen shot of my emails with them if that'd convince you more. :p

Members don't see this ad :)

Attachments

• 34817204.jpg
    34817204.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 53
... Yes, reeheeeelly. Ignore me at your own risk. I'm not even applying there anymore. :p

Call them. I can take a screen shot of my emails with them if that'd convince you more. :p

Well I do trust you. I added MSUCOM right when I saw your post, but a screenshot would make my day much easier as I am submitting today.

Hopefully I will be able to comprehend it after many hydroxy groups about to enter my system.

Well I do trust you. I added MSUCOM right when I saw your post, but a screenshot would make my day much easier as I am submitting today.

Hopefully I will be able to comprehend it after many hydroxy groups about to enter my system.

Here you go:

fdezdg.jpg

I'm guessing the secondary will remain the same though? That is, we'll need to get our LOR writers to write essentially a new LOR to answer their secondary?

I'm guessing the secondary will remain the same though? That is, we'll need to get our LOR writers to write essentially a new LOR to answer their secondary?
This will not be feasible for me, so I am very interested in this answer.

This will not be feasible for me, so I am very interested in this answer.

I must be missing something... I think the secondary will be the same. The only thing that's changing is the method of delivery for the LoRs. :confused:

I guess the real question is whether they still have separate forms for the LORs that are required or if we can just send in the LORs that we already have from people. If we still have to have writers fill out their forms and then send them to interfolio, this is just another step that we'll have to wait.

I guess the real question is whether they still have separate forms for the LORs that are required or if we can just send in the LORs that we already have from people. If we still have to have writers fill out their forms and then send them to interfolio, this is just another step that we'll have to wait.

This.

I had all 7 of my writers upload to Interfolio, and the documents were all available instantly. It shouldn't take long to have them click submit (I hope?).

I had all 7 of my writers upload to Interfolio, and the documents were all available instantly. It shouldn't take long to have them click submit (I hope?).

Woah! Seven!? They are pretty fast. :)

The other sucky part is that it will cost us 6 bucks to release to MSU. There goes lunch money for the day, lol.

just to let u guys know..i called the admissions office now and from what she told me, they will not require those additional forms... she said the instructions would be further supplied in the supplemental

just to let u guys know..i called the admissions office now and from what she told me, they will not require those additional forms... she said the instructions would be further supplied in the supplemental

Meaning we could use the letters we already have and not have to get new ones?!

This would totally make my day. :)

I would assume it means that they can upload the questionnaire with answers to inferfolio, in a #1 followed by answer format.

Unless the directions are different.. guess we'll have to wait

so we don't have to worry about this for the primary application right? This change only applies to the secondary application? Thanks for the update :)

so we don't have to worry about this for the primary application right? This change only applies to the secondary application? Thanks for the update :)

As far as I can tell, yes. The rest of the secondary isn't changing either.