Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

MSUCOM complete--> interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by JJKR3, Nov 30, 2005.

1. JJKR3

JJKR3 Junior Member

Pre-Medical
    Hey all

My MSU COM app should be complete by the end of this week... my stats are fairly good, but I am not a Michigan resident... how long did it take them to get back to others about interviews? And does anyone have any idea of what my chances are (not sure if they have made tons of acceptances yet--checked the official acceptance thread and there were not too many though). Somewhere on the website it said they fill up most of their class by mid December??

Thanks for all your help!!! :thumbup:

2. FrogE7

FrogE7 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    They got back to me fairly soon (two weeks), but their interview slots were filling up. I have also heard that they fill up by mid December, but I know they just increased their class size, so it might still be fine. The size increase is due to the fact that Michigan has a shortage of physicians. Being out of state, you might want to state that you are really looking to stick around and practice there. That might help out a little, but don't quote me on on it.

3. Dr_JAAAA

Dr_JAAAA Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I go to MSU undergrad, I just found out today I have been accepted. I don't have to interview, but this took a very long time to hear from them. Worth the wait!! I sent my secondary about august.. took mcats in august and they waited for those until october. pretty good gpa, in my opinion- low mcats. hang in there it'll happen! goodluck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. docmd2010

docmd2010 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i haven't even submitted my secondary, i have a 25 mcat and a 3.5 gpa and i'm out of state, should i even apply, since their class might be filled up already?