MSUCOM complete--> interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JJKR3

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all

My MSU COM app should be complete by the end of this week... my stats are fairly good, but I am not a Michigan resident... how long did it take them to get back to others about interviews? And does anyone have any idea of what my chances are (not sure if they have made tons of acceptances yet--checked the official acceptance thread and there were not too many though). Somewhere on the website it said they fill up most of their class by mid December??

Thanks for all your help!!! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

JJKR3 said:
Hey all

My MSU COM app should be complete by the end of this week... my stats are fairly good, but I am not a Michigan resident... how long did it take them to get back to others about interviews? And does anyone have any idea of what my chances are (not sure if they have made tons of acceptances yet--checked the official acceptance thread and there were not too many though). Somewhere on the website it said they fill up most of their class by mid December??

Thanks for all your help!!! :thumbup:

They got back to me fairly soon (two weeks), but their interview slots were filling up. I have also heard that they fill up by mid December, but I know they just increased their class size, so it might still be fine. The size increase is due to the fact that Michigan has a shortage of physicians. Being out of state, you might want to state that you are really looking to stick around and practice there. That might help out a little, but don't quote me on on it.

I go to MSU undergrad, I just found out today I have been accepted. I don't have to interview, but this took a very long time to hear from them. Worth the wait!! I sent my secondary about august.. took mcats in august and they waited for those until october. pretty good gpa, in my opinion- low mcats. hang in there it'll happen! goodluck!

FrogE7 said:
They got back to me fairly soon (two weeks), but their interview slots were filling up. I have also heard that they fill up by mid December, but I know they just increased their class size, so it might still be fine. The size increase is due to the fact that Michigan has a shortage of physicians. Being out of state, you might want to state that you are really looking to stick around and practice there. That might help out a little, but don't quote me on on it.

i haven't even submitted my secondary, i have a 25 mcat and a 3.5 gpa and i'm out of state, should i even apply, since their class might be filled up already?