MSUCOM-invite

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vegangirl

DOctor begins with DO
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Im very excited cuz today i received word (via email) that i shall interview at MSUCOM, which is excellent!!! Do they take most of their interviewes???? Does it help that Im a michigan resident????? Im EXTREMELY interested in the school so that is why i was curious.

Cheers

Members don't see this ad.

vegangirl said:
Hello everyone,

Im very excited cuz today i received word (via email) that i shall interview at MSUCOM, which is excellent!!! Do they take most of their interviewes???? Does it help that Im a michigan resident????? Im EXTREMELY interested in the school so that is why i was curious.

Cheers
IMHO, being granted an interview at this stage of the admissions process is a good sign; however, not a guarantee. Although 3 years dated, the demographics for the MSUCOM class of 2006 are as follows:
Admitted: 124 Female: 48%; Male 52% MI Resident: 96%; Non-resident: 4%
http://www.com.msu.edu/admissions/forms/handbook_2003.pdf

Based upon the average number of interviewees (250 – 300) the acceptance percentage for 2006 MI Residents was about 39.6 – 47.6%. I believe that MSUCOM was expanding their class size to about 200 students; so, if their website data is accurate the acceptance percentage for MI Residents should be about 64 – 77%.
http://www.com.msu.edu/admissions/evaluation.html

In any event, good luck with the interview!
All the best to you,
-WM

Thank you very much WM ;)
-liz

Members don't see this ad :)
you beat me, im octo-lavo ;)

I interviewed at MSU-COM. Nice place, accepted right away too, on my first MCAT score (8 less!) They have a high instate acceptance, upper 30s%, so yes, they accept a lot they interview from instate. Most people who get accepted end up going there; I actually doubt I will be though. I love the DO philosophy but will probably end up at an MD school :/

I was told MSUCOM got rid of interviews, I must be misinformed

MSU did get rid of required interviews.. this means that they can, and will accept people without an interview at all.. So that makes the stats on acceptances with an interview from the past a little useless.. (because interviews were required for admission before). Obviously, they could have waitlisted you or rejected you right away, so an interview is a positive.