MSUCOM questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CCEMTP2DOC

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am really considering MSUCOM for my medical school. I would like to know how they interview, what is more of a determining factor on acceptance. I am also very interested in LECOM(both schools), and DMU.
Basic stats are ~40 upon matriculation, GPA-~ 3.4 -3.5 sci and ~3.6-3.7 overall. 13 years as paramedic(8 as Critical care paramedic), ACLS,PALS, PHTLS, BLS. B.S. will be from a good school,U-Detroit Mercy. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. As far as MCAT, hoping for 24+.(wouldnt be too surprised with 30). Please feel free also to give advice on any other school. Good luck to all, stay the coarse.
`
`

Members don't see this ad.

Hi. During my interview they focused on my ECs such as volunteering and clinical. I think they stress this more highly than all the other criteria. The best thing for you is to talk to the admissions advisor Lorie Culham. I called her (from Hawaii) when I was desperate about getting into medical school. Even though I was Joe Blow to her-she went out of her way to explain the application procedure and gave detailed advice on how to maximize my admission chances.

The interview was extremely laid back-it was the nicest interview I had all year. :thumbup:

hey FUTR_DR, I'm from michigan also and I just wanted to let you know that I to am interested in MSUCOM! Not sure if you knew or not, but they are having an open house April 22, 2005 which is on a Friday I believe. You can just go to their website and see the announcement posted there. The time is 1-5pm and it is so fun to attend. I attended back in April of '04 and I really enjoyed myself, and actually that is how I became so hooked on Mich State!! If you want to talk or anything feel free to send me a private message. welcome to the MSUCOM fan club!! :D :D