MSUCOM vs WSUSOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hitmanheart721

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted at MSUCOM and just had my interview at Wayne State School of Medicine. I really like both my interview days and both these schools were my top choices.

Before I had my interview at WSUSOM I was pretty set on going to MSUCOM. I have heard great success there from many friends and very few complaints. I also think the OMM learning is something I would be very interested in. I could also attend the Detroit campus (which is close to home), so the setting for each school would be in Detroit. I have heard both good and bad stories from friends who have attended WSUSOM. I know medical school is a very individualized experience, but I do try to get as much info from students as well

**Side note: is the problem with WSUSOM and DMC something to worry about? I cannot find enough info on this.

I was just putting this thread out to see anymore pros and cons for these schools. Obviously I understand the MD vs DO idea, but that doesn't seem like a huge factor in my decision. Anybody have any preference of the two?

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard the MSUCOM-DET location is all full, not sure if that changes anything for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wayne state. I understand you're from Michigan and probably want to stay there but if you decide to do something competitive. It will help you to be an MD

Reactions: 1 user
Can I ask for your reasoning? Thanks.

Well an MD program in Detroit vs a DO program in Detroit should be an easy choice. Detroit isn't my favorite (spent a summer there researching) but WSU has a very good program.

Reactions: 1 users
How many of these ****ing threads are we gonna see per week?

MSUCOM opie. For obvious reasons.

The only thing you're going to get on this thread is an MD vs. DO post where everyone will tell you go MD. But OP I get it, you want to see which SCHOOL is better, and for that you really need to talk to students from each school and also lookup the "Pros and cons of your med school" forum on SDN. I know there's a long one for DO schools, not sure about MD but I'm ASSUMING there would be. Also Private Message current students in both programs and ask about their experiences.

Reactions: 1 user