Mt. Sinai Interview, need help with hotel...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

john24

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an interview offer from Mt. Sinai. And I looked around for hotel accomodations, and wow, New York hotels are so expensive. Mt. Sinai recommended Hotel Wales but that hotel charges $400 for 1 nights.

Could anyone direct me to a cheaper but yet safe hotel, which is close to Mt. Sinai.

Thanks.

John

Members don't see this ad.

I will be headed there for an interview as well (if they ever tell me what date I have been assigned to), and was planning on staying outside of manhattan, in Queens or Brooklyn. It is still a reasonable commute by subway, and costs about half as much.

Any other ideas or suggestions appreciated!

nod

Members don't see this ad :)
I second the hostel suggestion. I stayed at the Central Park Hostel last year when I interviewed at Mt Sinai, which is less than a mile from the interview. I got a private room with a shared bathroom for about $70 per night. I felt perfectly safe (and I'm female and not terribly large or martial arts trained ;) ).

dont go to brooklyn or queens- its too far away the day of an interview and bkyn isn't particularly nice anyway. the hostel suggestion is good. manhattan is quite safe overall. however if stayin gon the east side do NOT stay north of the hospital. the hotel wales is nice and close but yes expensive. try bunking with other folks on the interview trail.

Hi, I also need help with Mt Sinai on Dec 8. The Central Park Hostel only offers 10 bed mixed dorm for the night of Dec 7. Anyone going for that day please contact me if you want to split lodging close to Mt Sinai. Thanks.