Mt. Sinai versus UPitt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bebe2

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hate to do this. I am capable of making decisions. It would be nice to hear people's opinions about these schools. There may be something I missed at the interviews/re-visit weekends that you guys can bring my attention to. Som how about it..if you had to choose, which school and why?

Thanks Guys

Members don't see this ad.

From the sound of things in previous discussions Pitt and Sinai are about as similar as two schools can get...the final decision comes down to whether you prefer living in Pittsburgh or NYC. If you go with your gut instinct on this one you can't go wrong.

dig through the archives of the pre-allo forum and look for ScoobyDoo's thread on Pitt vs. Sinai. Should be within the last week or so. have fun diggin :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. I was the one bumping Scobby's thread. I was just looking for more opinions from some med students.

Thanks though

bebe

i made the same choice a while back. ultimately i chose sinai because of location. pitt seemed to be better run, and the curricula are different from what i remember. pitt had an organ based curriculum, where as sinai is pretty traditional. sinai is not a pbl school, and pitt seemed to market itself as such. dont get me wrong though, sinai is great, and very easy (in my opinion) and laid back.

bebe,
Comeon now after such a fantabulous weekend at Pitt and all the cool people you met, how could you go anywhere else? I think that I am joining Nef in the recruitment of cool people to the Pitt class of 2006.

bebe,
Comeon now after such a fantabulous weekend at Pitt and all the cool people you met, how could you go anywhere else? I think that I am joining Nef in the recruitment of cool people to the Pitt class of 2006.

No contest...mount sinai. Med school is med school but new york is so much better than pitsburgh, they can't even be compared. And unless you don't plan on having a life outside of the library, location makes a huge difference between schools.

my opinion is well knwon, but i'll repeat it once more. I'D GO TO MT SINAI>>>CAUSE SINAI ROCKS. (Howerver, you or anyone else for that matter should feel free to choose whatver med school makes you happy... and it sounds to me like all your choices are pretty good).