1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Much ado about Dorming

Discussion in 'UK & Ireland' started by detectivea, Aug 3, 2006.

1. detectivea

detectivea New Member

Medical Student
    I am going to RCSI if all goes well and I am staying at Mercer Court... Is there any way for me to know who I will be dorming with? Is there like a website I can go to or a handout we all recieved in the mail but I lost due to letter swiping ninjas?! Thanks :D

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dirtymac42

dirtymac42 Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Unless things have changed in the 3 years since i lived there... there's not too much to say about it. If you're in Mercer, your roommates are assigned. If you're in Millin, you don't have any. They try to do their best to essentially match ppl up by ethnic background, but this isn't always the case. Generally things work out OK. It's not like undergrad, everyone is pretty much doing medicine or pharmacy so ppl tend to be rather compatible.

Try their website , or give them a call.

4. dr.op

dr.op Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Yeah, dirtymac is right -- you only find out when your new flatmate walks in the door! Good luck though, it is really central and convenient to college. A little overprized, though...