Much ado about SOMETHING.

Started by NewRx
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NewRx

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So yesterday, Thanksgiving Day, I was anxious about my results and I nervously but happily joined in the online fun about those whose scores were acceptable. Today, at work, I could not wait to come home and check the results IF they arrived. They did! In fact another one did too: TOEFL !!

The TOEFL score was met last week online with a bright smile. It was a 99/120. TOEFL reading is like PCAT reading, and I worried that I would have to pay another whopping $150 to retake. Now that part of this test anxiety is gone. Today, the Harcourt Assessment envelope was in between other ones and I didn't notice it. However, it was there. Now, for some strange reason, I can't bring myself to open the envelope. I wish I could just copy my TOEFL score onto it. That would make my PCAT score a 99%ile 😀. Of course, I will open it eventually. However, this was a second repeat and I'm a bit nervous even though I expect Verbal & Biology to be in the 90%ile. On Christmas day, I can never open my gifts right away, preferring the mental pleasure of guessing what it may be. Ahhhh, help! :laugh:

I'm going to relieve some stress and have my girlfried open it. Anyone experienced this before?

En passant, congrats to all who did well! You deserve to celebrate! Wish me luck!
 
So yesterday, Thanksgiving Day, I was anxious about my results and I nervously but happily joined in the online fun about those whose scores were acceptable. Today, at work, I could not wait to come home and check the results IF they arrived. They did! In fact another one did too: TOEFL !!

The TOEFL score was met last week online with a bright smile. It was a 99/120. TOEFL reading is like PCAT reading, and I worried that I would have to pay another whopping $150 to retake. Now that part of this test anxiety is gone. Today, the Harcourt Assessment envelope was in between other ones and I didn't notice it. However, it was there. Now, for some strange reason, I can't bring myself to open the envelope. I wish I could just copy my TOEFL score onto it. That would make my PCAT score a 99%ile 😀. Of course, I will open it eventually. However, this was a second repeat and I'm a bit nervous even though I expect Verbal & Biology to be in the 90%ile. On Christmas day, I can never open my gifts right away, preferring the mental pleasure of guessing what it may be. Ahhhh, help! :laugh:

I'm going to relieve some stress and have my girlfried open it. Anyone experienced this before?

En passant, congrats to all who did well! You deserve to celebrate! Wish me luck!

I wouldn't have guessed that you were a non-native English speaker. What is your first language?
 
Wow, I totally could not handle the anticipation. I practically tracked down the mail truck and wrestled it from his hands. I'm really glad the results came in today - I work tomorrow. Last time I was working when the scores came in and my mom called and read me the scores, but I told her that if they came while I was working this time to check the scores first and only call me if they improved - I was afraid that I wouldn't improve and then I'd cry at work! I did cry when I got my scores today, but out of relief!