Much lower Step 2 CK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spinnerette

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sign... rushed to take it at the end of Jan because I forgot about the school's deadline (1/31/2012) so I only spent a couple days on it. I was originally planning to take it at the end of Feb (2 week-block to study for it) I took the uworld world assessment and got a 220s so I thought I was okay. Drove to a different state and took the bite (I was on a light rotation)

Anyway, got my score back today and was disappointed.
My step 1 was 225 and now my CK is 211 (passed CS back in Nov)

Should I even bother releasing them now? If one program emailed me about the score a couple weeks back, should I just send that program my score report through email?

One more question: how would that affect my place on the program ranklists? This is sad. I shot myself in the foot by only spending a couple days studying....

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Sign... rushed to take it at the end of Jan because I forgot about the school's deadline (1/31/2012) so I only spent a couple days on it. I was originally planning to take it at the end of Feb (2 week-block to study for it) I took the uworld world assessment and got a 220s so I thought I was okay. Drove to a different state and took the bite (I was on a light rotation)

Anyway, got my score back today and was disappointed.
My step 1 was 225 and now my CK is 211 (passed CS back in Nov)

Should I even bother releasing them now? If one program emailed me about the score a couple weeks back, should I just send that program my score report through email?

One more question: how would that affect my place on the program ranklists? This is sad. I shot myself in the foot by only spending a couple days studying....

I would recommend that you release. There is not that much of a difference in those scores and they are well above what I would consider a danger zone score. Thus, I doubt you scoring lower on CK will have that much of a negative effect on your ranking. How you did during your interview would be much more important. If the PD is watching things closely then he/she would know what your school's requirements are for getting an MD. If you have not met the requirement, then the PD is more likely to lower you for that reason than for your exact score.

Thank you for the advice! It's great to hear from an attending and a resident regarding this matter.
I think I was just freaking out over nothing. Thanks again