Mud Island

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Grover3060

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who go to SCO do you know how much most people pay for an apartment on Mud Island since that's where most of the students live (or so the admission's guys said so). Any insight would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I was looking into that a while back, and the apartments there are a little over a $1000. I was specifically looking at the 2-bedroom apartments. Maybe this website will help provide more information: apartmentguide.com

I was looking into that a while back, and the apartments there are a little over a $1000. I was specifically looking at the 2-bedroom apartments. Maybe this website will help provide more information: apartmentguide.com

Is that a reasonable price for a 2-bedroom apartment nowadays? I don't live off-campus for my undergrad so I wouldn't know, ha.

Members don't see this ad :)
Most students do live on Mud Island. Depending on which complex, you'll be paying anywhere from $500-900 if you have a roommate. Definitely look at apartmentguide.com, that'll give you a little more insight. If you don't need a fancy apartment, look at places in midtown. It's a lot cheaper and the complexes that students live in aren't bad at all.

My roomie and I pay $900/mo. 2BR/2BA.

There are approximatly 5 apartment complexes on Mud Island. The most affordable complex will most likely be Riverset Apartments with 1 bedrooms starting at $599. After that alot of them fall between $800-$1000.

Here's the complexes I can think of:
Riverset Apartments
Arbors Harbor Town
Belle Harbour
The Estates at River Pointe
Island Park

Honestly, you can go wrong living on Mud Island, so any of the complexes will work great. Alot of students live out there, and it's about 7 minutes to SCO.

If you don't want to live on Mud Island, another complex that alot of student live in is Uptown Square, which is also close to school, which is slightly more "urban". Hope this helps.