Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Mud Island

Discussion in 'Pre-Optometry' started by Grover3060, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Grover3060

2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    For those who go to SCO do you know how much most people pay for an apartment on Mud Island since that's where most of the students live (or so the admission's guys said so). Any insight would be appreciated.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. fluffinski08

2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    I was looking into that a while back, and the apartments there are a little over a $1000. I was specifically looking at the 2-bedroom apartments. Maybe this website will help provide more information: apartmentguide.com

4. Grover3060

2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    Is that a reasonable price for a 2-bedroom apartment nowadays? I don't live off-campus for my undergrad so I wouldn't know, ha.

5. JMU07

5+ Year Member

Optometrist
    Most students do live on Mud Island. Depending on which complex, you'll be paying anywhere from $500-900 if you have a roommate. Definitely look at apartmentguide.com, that'll give you a little more insight. If you don't need a fancy apartment, look at places in midtown. It's a lot cheaper and the complexes that students live in aren't bad at all.

6. sniklegem

sniklegem My pupils: o O
    2+ Year Member

Optometrist
    My roomie and I pay $900/mo. 2BR/2BA.

7. mvd

mvd
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    There are approximatly 5 apartment complexes on Mud Island. The most affordable complex will most likely be Riverset Apartments with 1 bedrooms starting at $599. After that alot of them fall between $800-$1000.

Here's the complexes I can think of:
    Riverset Apartments
    Arbors Harbor Town
    Belle Harbour
    The Estates at River Pointe
    Island Park

Honestly, you can go wrong living on Mud Island, so any of the complexes will work great. Alot of students live out there, and it's about 7 minutes to SCO.

If you don't want to live on Mud Island, another complex that alot of student live in is Uptown Square, which is also close to school, which is slightly more "urban". Hope this helps.