Multiple Acceptances but No Financial Aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MCATISEZ

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I am a little confused as to what to do. I have multiple acceptances and have/am preparing to attend second looks events. So far, I have not heard from financial aid from any of the institutions that have offered me admission. I have heard that programs often do not create financial aid packages until after the 4/30 deadline. Am I supposed to make my decision under the assumption that I will not be receiving any type of aid at any of the programs? Or should I reach out to programs and ask if they will have the packages ready prior to the multiple acceptance deadline?

Thank you for the advice!

Members don't see this ad.

MCAT is EZ but Financial Aid is Hard.

All jokes aside, different programs have different timelines. I would reach out to each school individually to see what the deal is.

Did you already fill out a FAFSA and/or CSS profile? Some schools may be waiting for completion of at least the FAFSA before continuing with aid packages.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all! I am a little confused as to what to do. I have multiple acceptances and have/am preparing to attend second looks events. So far, I have not heard from financial aid from any of the institutions that have offered me admission. I have heard that programs often do not create financial aid packages until after the 4/30 deadline. Am I supposed to make my decision under the assumption that I will not be receiving any type of aid at any of the programs? Or should I reach out to programs and ask if they will have the packages ready prior to the multiple acceptance deadline?

Thank you for the advice!
If you’re picked for a scholarship they’ll tell you ASAP which could be before 4/30. But it could be after if someone with a scholarship withdraws their acceptance at your school and the money goes to you..

In the event you get no scholarships - loan awards will be dictated by FAFSA, personal and parent income, and current loans you have. The government doesn’t care where you go and will give you subsided or grad plus loans anywhere.

Definitely best to ask schools individually.

Manage expectations though and assume that you’ll be making your decision without info regarding merit or need based aid. Non-loan money is scarce at most schools, so the allocation of which is tightly controlled. Some schools only allocate when they know you’re committed in an effort to eliminate wasted effort.