Multiple acceptances? LET GO OF THEM!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, I've only been through the app process once so I don't know how it rolls over into 2005. I was under the impression that AMCAS 2005 is a separate system from 2004, which made sense to me because 2004 apps will be active as late as August and AMCAS will still want to track those. But those who need to reapply certainly can't wait until August to complete a new application. Are you sure AMCAS 2005 isn't an entirely separate system?

Members don't see this ad.

Entirely possible. Most of that day is a blur.

Reasonably sure . . . I reapplied in 2004 after applying in 2003. When you sign on you are asked to use the same AMCAS number as the previous year. When AMCAS came up all my classes were saved, my ec's were saved, my biographical info was saved, and my personal statement was saved. You could change anything you want though. Also, you still need to send transcripts for them to verify even if nothing changed on your academic record (I do not know why but I asked them last year and they said I needed to send them again). I cannot imagine why they would want you to enter all your classes and EC's again. It is not like they went away. So in conclusion as long is it is the same as last year all your info will be saved.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, that also makes sense... I just figured they'd need a way to keep things separate as far as status of 2004 and 2005. But I totally hear you on the EC's and courses. Incidentally, did you write a new statement when you reapplied?

You could still access your 2003 application until August but you could access your 2004 application as well (the 2003 app would not change if you changed the 2004 app). I did not write a new personal statement but I added another paragraph to it discussing an important experience that I had during the application year. I didn't make a new personal statement because several interviewers commented on it as being strong in my interviews. Coincidentally I was waitlisted at USUHS last year and ended up medically disqualifying for military service due to a knee injury otherwise I would be in medical school now (USUHS called me in June to tell me they had a spot in the class but I failed both my physical and the waiver they tried to get for me).

That sucks... I thought about the HPSP but I had asthma when I was younger and I was relatively certain my medical records wouldn't pass their inspection. But man, that's just wrong, you really should be in there right now. :-( But you got in this year so, at least that's a good thing.

Yeah, thats ok though, 7 years after residency is a big commitment. If they could see the fact that I was reapplying it would be interesting though since I started my App in mid May and they would of definitely seen it before calling me in June (except I wasn't applying to them again because I already had my failed physical and was just waiting on the waiver).

Yeah... not only the 7 year committment, but I would also feel somewhat limited during medical school as far as what I would be able to do. I asked the recruitor how the program would respond to a scholarship recipient spending a summer working in the Dominican Republic or something along those lines, and he said it would be fine but you'd need permission. I don't want to have to get permission for things like that, you know? And I also did not like that the pay back period can vary in length depending on the availability of the residency program you choose. One of my friends is in the HPSP and he's doing a GMO tour right now. So, I don't know. I decided too many variables. lol

Exactly, it is even worse at USUHS (I doubt they would let you go anywhere, you spend your first summer on a "summer experience" that puts you with a unit and you see what they do), also at USUHS you are pretty much limited to military residencies (I want to do EM which is fine but there are still limited EM residencies and the only one in a location I would like is in Tacoma Washington). I guess I was ok in sorta getting in but not getting in. Made life easier in the end (especially with getting into CU, my top choice this year).

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

I started this thread like two weeks ago and I come back and KA-POW, people are dropping acceptances they don't intend to use. Word up everyone, I really appreciate it and I know the people recieving those acceptances appreciate it as well. Thank you so very much, I wish I could give karma to everyone, but I'm limited. Thanks, friends!

Dropped my Miami acceptance today!!! Hope a deserving SDN-er gets it!

best of luck everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is anyone planning on withdrawing from TAMU or Texas Tech?? Please say YES!