Multiple Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Crown95

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction here. I got offers from multiple schools and since some are high on my list (not top choice or else it would be easy) i was wondering if i can accept both for the time being. The reason is that i need some time to decide things like find a place to live.
I have submitted a required letter of intent to one of those schools which offered me an acceptance on Dec. 3rd because the deadline would have passed by now. The other schools have deadlines in the near future and I want to know if I am allowed to also send them letters of intent to secure my spot at least until i make a finals decision. I heard a story during my freshmen year in undergrad about someone accepting two offers at the same time and how those schools communicated with each other and basically both rescinded his acceptance.

Members don't see this ad.

Just pay your deposit to both schools. You wont have to make a final decision until april. But whatever school you decide to attend, you will lose the deposit for the other school.

Hello all! I am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction here. I got offers from multiple schools and since some are high on my list (not top choice or else it would be easy) i was wondering if i can accept both for the time being. The reason is that i need some time to decide things like find a place to live.
I have submitted a required letter of intent to one of those schools which offered me an acceptance on Dec. 3rd because the deadline would have passed by now. The other schools have deadlines in the near future and I want to know if I am allowed to also send them letters of intent to secure my spot at least until i make a finals decision. I heard a story during my freshmen year in undergrad about someone accepting two offers at the same time and how those schools communicated with each other and basically both rescinded his acceptance.

the one that the deadline has passed will most likely rescind your offer

a letter of intent does not secure a spot, only a deposit does

the schools do not know if you have two deposits until march or april (it is published on the aadsas website)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Letters of intent do not secure you spot. The deposit secured your spot. I wouldn’t waste money paying two deposits. Pick the cheapest out of the two and pay the deposit that for one while you wait on your top choice. You can find a place to live at either one.

Pretty sure schools don't know anything until ~April(?), which is the day when schools see who has multiple deposits down and force people to pick 1.

Thank you all for the replies.

I have been checking the website and emails for the school I sent the letter of intent to (UTHSOD) and no where does it mention a deposit. Should I contact the admissions office and ask?

Edit:
Actually on the email it says "There are no monetary deposits at this time."

Thank you all for the replies.

I have been checking the website and emails for the school I sent the letter of intent to (UTHSOD) and no where does it mention a deposit. Should I contact the admissions office and ask?

Edit:
Actually on the email it says "There are no monetary deposits at this time."

ah, ok
texas schools run things a little different