MULTIPLE ACCEPTANCEs.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

messenger

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok so i was wondering this....

let us say that you get accepted to one school on december or january.....BUT you are waiting to interview at another school later on, and maybe get accepted from them as well.....

here is my question.....how much time do schools give you to put the deposit down and let them know that you accept the acceptance??????

AND, what if you decide to accept one school (any pay) and another school which you wanted comes along later!!! can you just get your money back and say sorry....or do you just tell them they can keep that deposit and sorry i cant come there anymore?????? so..........

any thoughts on this?? thank you. :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

well it depends on the school...but you don't have too much time. i think for a december 1st notification you get month-2 months depending on the school. january acceptance notifications get less time. but ya, you would kiss your deposit good bye if you don't end up going to that school.

yes i would ne willing to kiss my deposit goodbye if i could go to the school of my choice.....

BUT are you in some sort of contract with the school, that you, like HAVE to go there if you pay them?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a January 29 interview at my number 1 school but I may get accepted into other schools on Dec. 1. One school requires $1,000 deposit. Gosh, I guess I will be out of a lot of money but it's all worth it.

let us say that you get accepted to one school on december or january.....BUT you are waiting to interview at another school later on, and maybe get accepted from them as well.....

here is my question.....how much time do schools give you to put the deposit down and let them know that you accept the acceptance??????

AND, what if you decide to accept one school (any pay) and another school which you wanted comes along later!!! can you just get your money back and say sorry....or do you just tell them they can keep that deposit and sorry i cant come there anymore?????? so..........

This happened to me, and I ended up losing a $1500 deposit. :( Nothing you can do about it.

yes i would ne willing to kiss my deposit goodbye if i could go to the school of my choice.....

BUT are you in some sort of contract with the school, that you, like HAVE to go there if you pay them?

No, people have often held slots at different schools. It kinda screws over the school and whoever would get that spot, so starting this year, come...May, I think, schools will find out if you are holding more than 1 spot and can take away your offer of admission. Till then you are fine.

Do you guys think its possible that, if say, you go on an interview on like dec 8th and you've already been accepted to a few schools on dec 1st, you can ask them for a descision on the spot so you can make the choice you want? Or knowing dental schools they'll make you wait like they've been doing until now?

They probably can't make a decision on the spot. They probably need to meet and discuss your application and interview. I would probably let them know that that they are my number one and that I have have already accepted at another school. If all feels right I might tell them that I am willing to eat the deposit. Of course in any situation like that you need to play it by ear and react according to the situation at hand. You may not want to play all your cards at the same time. you probably don't want to sound like a beggar or that you are in a power position either.

I know at Arizona if you get into other schools before you are accepted there you can call them and have them hurry up and make a decision if they are your first choice. They said they have to take your application to the committee and it usually takes a week.

Just my advice take from it what you want.

Great questions and congrats on getting accepted to more than one dental school. :) But because of my situation and point of view, I truly think that it would be greatly appreciated if people in your situation quickly pick a school of your choice ASAP, so that those who are still on hold and waitlisted, can move up in line and be considered after you make your decision. ;) So my answer, is accept the school or not ASAP. Hahaha. Good luck!:rolleyes:

well.........i havent been accepted anywhere, yet!!! i dont think anyone has.

but thank you and I hope that I will have my choice for school. I just wish i dont accept a school before I hear from a top choice?? thats all....I am very happy to have interviews at all!!!! very curious to see what happens dec 1 and on.

:)