multiple application attempts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

human instinct

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello all...I am a Canadian applicant and this is the second time I appiled to dental schools (NYU, Boston) and the first time I applied to Case. I did not receive an interview in either of my attempts:( and feel really disappointed. My gpa is around 3.75 and am planning to repeat my DAT since my earlier DAT had low scores (i.e. 17 in PAT, 19 in RC, 19 AA).

I was wondering if multiple application attempts are frowned upon and if it would significantly reduce my chancces of getting into a school. I want to make sure that the next time I apply to as many schools as possible.

Members don't see this ad.

hello all...I am a Canadian applicant and this is the second time I appiled to dental schools (NYU, Boston) and the first time I applied to Case. I did not receive an interview in either of my attempts:( and feel really disappointed. My gpa is around 3.75 and am planning to repeat my DAT since my earlier DAT had low scores (i.e. 17 in PAT, 19 in RC, 19 AA).

I was wondering if multiple application attempts are frowned upon and if it would significantly reduce my chancces of getting into a school. I want to make sure that the next time I apply to as many schools as possible.

I suggest you retake your DAT and apply to more schools. I would also call the schools and ask them for tips and suggestions.

Reapplying to dental school is not frowned upon! Keep your head up. Here's some inspiration for you.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=709434

Good luck.

it wont be frowned upon as long as you have improved your application.

apply earlier and to more schools. i also recommend re-writing the dat. your gpa is good but that 17 kinda sticks out in a bad way.

Dude, I have a 3.3 GPA, about 3.7 science GPA, and my DAT is at bottom... and I am planning to apply to 20+ schools. It shouldn't bother them, they should underestand that dental schools are VERY competitive these days and the best way for an applicant to get in is by applying to as many schools as they can afford... Ofcourse you have to be smart about selecting the schools you apply to, but 20 for me is a good number.