Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Multiple deposits to hold seats?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by ifkt355, Dec 2, 2005.

1. ifkt355

ifkt355 Member
    7+ Year Member

I have been accepted to three schools, and I am narrowing it down to 2. I can't make a final decision at this point yet, 1. due to family reasons (depends on my spouse can find a job), 2. still waiting results from other schools. I have already put down one deposite, and the other one is due 12/15. It is so wrong for schools to ask for so much money, and not just one deposite, I think the second round of deposite is due in March.

I am wondering if it is OK/ethical to accept more than one schools at this point. When is the latest I need to make a final decision? I know for MD school is May 15, and waitlist does not count. Anyone knows the deadline for DO schools? Anyone else is putting multiple deposits?

Thanks!

2. dr.z

Physician 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    You can put multiple deposits down.

3. OSUdoc08

OSUdoc08 Membership Revoked
    Removed

Medical Student
    You're going to be a doctor. It's not going to make a diffeence in the long run. Put down a couple of deposits if you'd like.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ifkt355

ifkt355 Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks for replying! Anyone knows the deadline for DO schools to turn down multiple acceptances?

5. jbone

jbone Herro!
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Early on next year? Same problem here. Have turned down 8 schools so far, need to narrow it down to 2. Loose some change ($$ :eek: )but it is worth it to have the extra time to make that big choice. Good luck! :thumbup:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. jsmittyund03

jsmittyund03 Bob Schneider fan
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    The schools might tell you there's a deadline, but with that deposit you pretty much secure your seat (unless I'm severly mistaken). I believe the schools take it as an acceptance when they receive the deposit. Then it's up to you to let them know you're going elsewhere. It would be nice for a poor waitlister to receive good news before July however.

J-Smitty

7. jsmittyund03

jsmittyund03 Bob Schneider fan
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    The schools might tell you there's a deadline, but with that deposit you pretty much secure your seat (unless I'm severly mistaken). I believe the schools take it as an acceptance when they receive the deposit. Then it's up to you to let them know you're going elsewhere. It would be nice for a poor waitlister to receive good news before July however.

J-Smitty