Multiple GRE reports to the same University?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kon2D3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking to apply to several different programs (epi, health management/policy, etc.) within the same university. When I go to ETS and send them out, do I need to select each individual department within the university or can I just send one to each university?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

There is only one code for each university; two if your applying through SOPHAS.

I just wanted to add/ask something as an aside. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was cautioned against applying to multiple programs within one university (such as healthy policy vs. epi) because sometimes the programs talk to each other and it can make you look less focused on a specific research area. Is this true?

Members don't see this ad :)
Oops! Agreed; you shouldn't apply to more than one program. In fact, I don't think SOPHAS even allows you to choose more than one concentration, unless the schools allow it (like Emory).

Chiming in to add that if you're not sure what concentration you want but are sure you want an MPH, there are programs that don't ask you to declare a concentration in the application. Brown is the only one of those I applied to, but I'm sure there are more out there.

Also want to add that if you aren't sure of want concentration you want you should take an extra year and do some soul searching. It took me a year to realize that I wanted to go into public health and several months to decide between epi and global health.