Multiple interviews

Started by DaveOD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DaveOD

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone

I've already been accepted to 2 schools (NOVA and PCO) and I've recently received interview invites for 2 more (ICO and NECO). I'd like to go to these interviews but the other schools require that I make a decision about enrollment within 2 weeks. That's not enough time to interview at ICO and NECO before making a decision.My first choice right now is PCO, but I've never been to NECO or ICO and I'm curious about them. I could just put down my deposit at PCO and still go to the other interviews. I guess I would just lose the deposit if I should change my mind. Anyone else in this not-so-bad position? Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Dave
 
First of all-congrats! Most schools will give you an extension on the deposit date, so I would try that first. If not, I would give a deposit to any school that I could reasonably see myself attending. So if you prefer PCO over Nova, just send it to PCO. Most of these deposits are refundable minus like $100, so not a huge loss if you change your mind.
 
Well you can always ask for an extension on the deposit, I did for ICO and it was granted. I too thought I was going to definitely attend PCO but when I interviewed at ICO I had an epiphany. I'd definitely go to all the interviews you can...you'd be surprised how different things can change. However, I did decline an interview at NOVA but don't regret it..ICO was the perfect fit for me.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cool - thanks for the replies! I'll try and see if I can get an extension

Thanks again
Dave
 
Hey

I am in the exact same position as you - same schools too. I'm accepted to PCO and NOVA and have interviews at NECO and ICO.

I've put a deposit down for NOVA because I liked it better than PCO. However, I asked for an extension at PCO because I needed more time to think - they only gave me 14 days though.

I will be going to all my interviews because as of now, I am unsure about which school I want to attend..