Multiple Mcat question

Started by monijah
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

monijah

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, i took the mcat on saturday and I am worried that I went down in BS because it was so freaking hard ( no physio, barely orgo and mainly genetcis and bacteria stuff). Well anyway, will the schools look and see ok she got a 9 in april but what if i got like a 6 this aug. Will they take the highest score from each section if you have multiple mcats or just the most recent scores?
 
I hardly post or reply, but I can relate to your issue so much that i had to give u my 2 cents.
As for whether they take your best scores, Im pretty sure some schools do that, although they are pretty much a minority cuz usually entire exams are taken as they are.

As for freaking out and thinkin u did horrible on a section, lemme just say that I was in exactly the same boat same time last year (verbal). Thought I bombed it with a 6 or so (got a 9 in april 2 months prior). Turned out the curve was good, it being the hardest section....guess what i got.....a 9!

Moral of my story....trust me , dont sweat it! U should be fine
Good luck buddy 🙂
 
Hang in there. I wanted to void my test after PS in April , and got a 10 in that section. I thought I had like a 5 or 6. Hang in there.
I thought BIO was hard too. What was with the obsure passages?
 
I too took the August MCAT and that was my third time taking it...MAJOR PRESSURE! All I can say is that I am glad that it is done and I gave it my best this time around. Hopefully all our hard work will pay off in the end. We shall see.