Multiple transcripts or late class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Phoenixi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am scheduled to take Physics 2 in June 2010 at the school where I am currently taking my pre-reqs. Physics 2 will be my last class.

However, I want to take the MCAT in April/May for practical and personal reasons. I don't necessarily need to wait to take Physics 2 as the course material is already familiar to me and I can do the MCATs without taking this class. I only need to take the class because med schools want to see it on my transcript.

Given my situation, I can do one of two things:
a) Do my MCAT in April and take the Physics 2 in June.
b) Take the Physics 2 at another college but this would involve yet another transcript and incurring transcript fees come application time. (I will have three transcripts in total: undergrad, pre-req school, new college where I'll take only Physics 2).

My question is, is it worth going to another college just so I can finish Physics 2 quickly? Does it make sense to add yet another transcript or had I rather finish all my pre-reqs in my current institution?

Members don't see this ad.

I am scheduled to take Physics 2 in June 2010 at the school where I am currently taking my pre-reqs. Physics 2 will be my last class.

However, I want to take the MCAT in April/May for practical and personal reasons. I don't necessarily need to wait to take Physics 2 as the course material is already familiar to me and I can do the MCATs without taking this class. I only need to take the class because med schools want to see it on my transcript.

Given my situation, I can do one of two things:
a) Do my MCAT in April and take the Physics 2 in June.
b) Take the Physics 2 at another college but this would involve yet another transcript and incurring transcript fees come application time. (I will have three transcripts in total: undergrad, pre-req school, new college where I'll take only Physics 2).

My question is, is it worth going to another college just so I can finish Physics 2 quickly? Does it make sense to add yet another transcript or had I rather finish all my pre-reqs in my current institution?

You should do what you think will best allow you to do well on the MCAT and apply early. I personally recommend finishing the prereqs before tackling the MCAT but plenty of people have taken it w/o one or another class.

The transcript fee honestly is a minor convenience when scaled against the amount of money you'll be paying in secondary fees.

Adding transcripts will lengthen your verification time with AMCAS which will make making sure your transcripts are in as early as possible more important. It took AMCAS almost a month to verify mine and my transcripts (there were several) were there almost immediately after the open date.