-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Program-Specific Info / Q's MUSC 2017 Acceptances
Started by mngOT
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I just got an email I was waitlisted!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I saw on Facebook a girl got in. I applied but haven't heard anything.
I received my acceptance email this morning, I'm crossing my fingers that you guys get off the waitlist soon!!
I got my acceptance letter Thursday morning.
Last edited:
I'll be giving up my spot and others do too! Don't get too discouraged with the waitlist. Good luck everyone! 🙂
got my denied email yesterday but was wondering the accepted applicants stats
GRE: I can't remember exact numbers but I was 48th% in verbal, 24th% quantitative, and 5.5 essays. (302 overall)
GPA: 3.877
I also did two research projects on stroke care and mental health so I think that's what boosted my app.
Close to 400 shadowing hours.
Last edited:
3.9 overall and prereq GPA
GRE: 155 Verbal, 153 Q, 4.0 Writing
I did Americorps for a year which gives you like bonus points
I also did 3 years of autism research in school and a full time job working with those with disabilities during my gap year.
GRE: 155 Verbal, 153 Q, 4.0 Writing
I did Americorps for a year which gives you like bonus points
I also did 3 years of autism research in school and a full time job working with those with disabilities during my gap year.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm in the same boat as you!! I asked at the last info session (the day the email went out) and they said that some years they only take a couple students and other years it seems like they use a lot of the waitlist and there really isn't any way of predicting what may happen. Sooo, seems pretty vague and unhelpful haha but I guess they really won't know until people start declining.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
How often are students who are waitlisted accepted? If you know of any lol. I only have 2 weeks until my deposits are dueI'm currently in the program and would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
I'm currently in the program and would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
When is the start date of the program?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
How often are students who are waitlisted accepted? If you know of any lol. I only have 2 weeks until my deposits are due
There isn't a concrete answer to that question. I don't know the exact number of individuals that were accepted off of the wait list this past year. If I had to guess, it was no more than 1/3 of the people that are currently in the program. So maybe around 14 or 15. But obviously its going to vary by year.
I was waitlisted at MUSC the first year I applied and never got the acceptance call. It was the only school I applied to that year. The next year, I applied to 4 different programs including MUSC. I was accepted to a masters program in Florida first so I paid the deposit. Then I was accepted into a better program in Florida, so then I paid the deposit there. Then I was accepted into a program in Tennessee, which was my second choice next to MUSC. I heard from MUSC last, thankfully before the deposit was due to the school in Tennessee.
So my advice to you... Pay the deposits to the schools if you don't hear back from MUSC before they are due. There is a chance you could get called off the waitlist, but there is no guarantee.
Orientation starts either the 24th or 25th of My and classes begin on the 30th.
Orientation starts either the 24th or 25th of My and classes begin on the 30th.
Thank you!! I'm hoping to wait as long as I can because I really want to go to MUSC. 1/3 of the class is slightly encouraging! I anticipated less
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
My only issue is that the deposit is almost $1000. But thank you for your help!There isn't a concrete answer to that question. I don't know the exact number of individuals that were accepted off of the wait list this past year. If I had to guess, it was no more than 1/3 of the people that are currently in the program. So maybe around 14 or 15. But obviously its going to vary by year.
I was waitlisted at MUSC the first year I applied and never got the acceptance call. It was the only school I applied to that year. The next year, I applied to 4 different programs including MUSC. I was accepted to a masters program in Florida first so I paid the deposit. Then I was accepted into a better program in Florida, so then I paid the deposit there. Then I was accepted into a program in Tennessee, which was my second choice next to MUSC. I heard from MUSC last, thankfully before the deposit was due to the school in Tennessee.
So my advice to you... Pay the deposits to the schools if you don't hear back from MUSC before they are due. There is a chance you could get called off the waitlist, but there is no guarantee.
Does anyone know if MUSC offers scholarships to students and if so, how much?
All the scholarships I saw were for 2nd years I think :/ . MuSC out of state is still "cheaper" than most of my instate programs somehow
3.9 overall and prereq GPA
GRE: 155 Verbal, 153 Q, 4.0 Writing
I did Americorps for a year which gives you like bonus points
I also did 3 years of autism research in school and a full time job working with those with disabilities during my gap year.
I was waitlisted and wondering if you could tell me when accepted students have to turn in their deposit by so I can get a better understanding of when WL students will hear back.
I was waitlisted and wondering if you could tell me when accepted students have to turn in their deposit by so I can get a better understanding of when WL students will hear back.
Hey I'm not positive but it's this Friday or next. Best of luck with getting off the waitlist or in elsewhere. I know I'm giving up a spot to a different school this week so others will too soon I'm sure.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anybody know if there is a Facebook group for the newest class? I couldn't find one
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K