MUSC Alternate List

Started by JBDent
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JBDent

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Guys -
Just wanted to see if anyone else was placed on the MUSC alternate list? I don't know how it works there and if they routinely have movement on the list, etc.

If anyone has any info- it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
 
I'm on the Alternate List as well. I emailed Mr. Liner. Basically this is a rejection. He told me that only 1-2 students over the past 5 years have been taken off of the wait list. Disappointing, I know. I guess its time for me to start looking for a back up plan. Good luck to you next cycle!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm on the Alternate List as well. I emailed Mr. Liner. Basically this is a rejection. He told me that only 1-2 students over the past 5 years have been taken off of the wait list. Disappointing, I know. I guess its time for me to start looking for a back up plan. Good luck to you next cycle!

hey not sure if you still check this or not, hopefully you ended up somewhere...but just wondering if you can remember: did he say that 1-2 applicants per year or 1-2 over the 5 year period were accepted.
waitlisted this go around.
 
hey not sure if you still check this or not, hopefully you ended up somewhere...but just wondering if you can remember: did he say that 1-2 applicants per year or 1-2 over the 5 year period were accepted.
waitlisted this go around.
The way that sentence is worded implies 1-2 students over the last 5 years as a whole. I know I'm not the quoted poster, but thought I could help out since the post is over 5 years old and he may not respond. However, I feel like things have changed with MUSC because they used to not accept many OOS students and now they seem to be doing so. 5 years can make a lot of difference. Just make sure you have a contingency plan in place.