MUSC Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ptgirl8

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I thought I'd start a thread for those who have accepted positions to the DPT program at MUSC to get to know each other and ask/answer any questions.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted back in January! Does anyone know a good place to look for housing that won't break the bank, but also not too far from the school?

I got accepted back in January! Does anyone know a good place to look for housing that won't break the bank, but also not too far from the school?

I've lived in Charleston for 5 years now! The cheapest housing is in North Charleston or West Ashley, but not many people want to live in N. Charleston. Then after that the cheapest is James island then Mount Pleasant then of course, downtown is the most expensive. And Johns Island is somewhere in the middle. Anywhere is good; N. Charleston just gets a little questionable.

I've lived in Charleston for 5 years now! The cheapest housing is in North Charleston or West Ashley, but not many people want to live in N. Charleston. Then after that the cheapest is James island then Mount Pleasant then of course, downtown is the most expensive. And Johns Island is somewhere in the middle. Anywhere is good; N. Charleston just gets a little questionable.

I lived in Ladson and commuted downtown every day (25-30 min) and it wasn't bad at all! Ladson is a nice area. I had 2 roommates and we rented a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom apartment, and each only paid $400 a month for rent. I had friends that lived downtown or near downtown and they each paid upwards of $900-$1000+ per month for rent and lived in cramped apartments.

What's bad about North Charleston? Commute or crime rates?

I live in West Ashley further from downtown and it's a 15-20 min commute but I only pay $450 for rent.

Reactions: 1 user
What's driving in/around charleston like?

What's driving in/around charleston like?
Not sure in what context you mean but it's not too bad. Of course there is work traffic. So my 15-20 min commute could turn into a 45 min commute if I'm driving at 8 am or 5 pm, ya know? Other than those times, driving is a convenient and doable way to get around the city.

Hey guys!

I thought I'd start a thread for those who have accepted positions to the DPT program at MUSC to get to know each other and ask/answer any questions.

Hello guys I am in MUSC too! Thanks for having a post going Ptgirl8.

I'm also looking for housing, preferably studio or 1bed room apartment within 15~20min drive commute to school. I've been looking at West Ashley and James Island. Any recommendation on clean, well maintained, quiet and reasonably priced apartments in these areas?

Thanks!

Hello guys I am in MUSC too! Thanks for having a post going Ptgirl8.

I'm also looking for housing, preferably studio or 1bed room apartment within 15~20min drive commute to school. I've been looking at West Ashley and James Island. Any recommendation on clean, well maintained, quiet and reasonably priced apartments in these areas?

Thanks!
I currently live in Bolton's Landing in West Ashley in a 2 bedroom, but I have been in their 1 bedrooms. I definitely recommend it! Spacious and affordable

Members don't see this ad :)
I currently live in Bolton's Landing in West Ashley in a 2 bedroom, but I have been in their 1 bedrooms. I definitely recommend it! Spacious and affordable
My lease ends at the end of June though, and I haven't decided if I will stay or go. I would love to find an affordable house to rent with a backyard because I have a dog.
Is it close to the school/downtown area?
it is 15-20 minutes to downtown depending upon traffic.

There are many other apartment complexes in the general area of my apartment though, and it is in a good area of West Ashley

anybody know anything about Quarterdeck apartments on James Island? i could potentially be looking for a roommate so if you're looking too let me know! :)

Last edited:
anybody know anything about Quarterdeck apartments on James Island? i could potentially be looking for a roommate so if you're looking too let me know! :)
I have a friend who lives there! I can tell you her 2 bedroom was pretty nice! I personally would consider living there. It's in a good location as well.

I have a friend who lives there! I can tell you her 2 bedroom was pretty nice! I personally would consider living there. It's in a good location as well.

Good to know! It's really close to campus so I was hoping someone would say it's worth considering! Also, we need to get a Facebook group going! I'm excited to see who is in our class! :)

Good to know! It's really close to campus so I was hoping someone would say it's worth considering! Also, we need to get a Facebook group going! I'm excited to see who is in our class! :)
Definitely worth considering! Susan Johnson said in an email that if someone wanted to make a Facebook group then they should email her about it!

Definitely worth considering! Susan Johnson said in an email that if someone wanted to make a Facebook group then they should email her about it!
I emailed her Friday afternoon about starting one, so we'll see what she says!

Reactions: 1 users
Just checked Facebook and the group is up! MUSC DPT Class of 2020! Yay!

im looking for two roommates (girls) that would be willing to room with me! :) so if anyone is looking let me know!