You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
MUSC Class of 2020
Started by Ptgirl8
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I just got an acceptance offer today!
I just got an acceptance offer today!
Yay!! Congratulations!! Hope to meet you at orientation!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got accepted back in January! Does anyone know a good place to look for housing that won't break the bank, but also not too far from the school?
I got accepted back in January! Does anyone know a good place to look for housing that won't break the bank, but also not too far from the school?
I've lived in Charleston for 5 years now! The cheapest housing is in North Charleston or West Ashley, but not many people want to live in N. Charleston. Then after that the cheapest is James island then Mount Pleasant then of course, downtown is the most expensive. And Johns Island is somewhere in the middle. Anywhere is good; N. Charleston just gets a little questionable.
I've lived in Charleston for 5 years now! The cheapest housing is in North Charleston or West Ashley, but not many people want to live in N. Charleston. Then after that the cheapest is James island then Mount Pleasant then of course, downtown is the most expensive. And Johns Island is somewhere in the middle. Anywhere is good; N. Charleston just gets a little questionable.
I got accepted back in January! Does anyone know a good place to look for housing that won't break the bank, but also not too far from the school?
I lived in Ladson and commuted downtown every day (25-30 min) and it wasn't bad at all! Ladson is a nice area. I had 2 roommates and we rented a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom apartment, and each only paid $400 a month for rent. I had friends that lived downtown or near downtown and they each paid upwards of $900-$1000+ per month for rent and lived in cramped apartments.
What's bad about North Charleston? Commute or crime rates?
Crime ratesWhat's bad about North Charleston? Commute or crime rates?
Not sure in what context you mean but it's not too bad. Of course there is work traffic. So my 15-20 min commute could turn into a 45 min commute if I'm driving at 8 am or 5 pm, ya know? Other than those times, driving is a convenient and doable way to get around the city.What's driving in/around charleston like?
Hey guys!
I thought I'd start a thread for those who have accepted positions to the DPT program at MUSC to get to know each other and ask/answer any questions.
Hello guys I am in MUSC too! Thanks for having a post going Ptgirl8.
I'm also looking for housing, preferably studio or 1bed room apartment within 15~20min drive commute to school. I've been looking at West Ashley and James Island. Any recommendation on clean, well maintained, quiet and reasonably priced apartments in these areas?
Thanks!
I currently live in Bolton's Landing in West Ashley in a 2 bedroom, but I have been in their 1 bedrooms. I definitely recommend it! Spacious and affordableHello guys I am in MUSC too! Thanks for having a post going Ptgirl8.
I'm also looking for housing, preferably studio or 1bed room apartment within 15~20min drive commute to school. I've been looking at West Ashley and James Island. Any recommendation on clean, well maintained, quiet and reasonably priced apartments in these areas?
Thanks!
Is it close to the school/downtown area?
My lease ends at the end of June though, and I haven't decided if I will stay or go. I would love to find an affordable house to rent with a backyard because I have a dog.I currently live in Bolton's Landing in West Ashley in a 2 bedroom, but I have been in their 1 bedrooms. I definitely recommend it! Spacious and affordable
it is 15-20 minutes to downtown depending upon traffic.Is it close to the school/downtown area?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a friend who lives there! I can tell you her 2 bedroom was pretty nice! I personally would consider living there. It's in a good location as well.anybody know anything about Quarterdeck apartments on James Island? i could potentially be looking for a roommate so if you're looking too let me know! 🙂
I have a friend who lives there! I can tell you her 2 bedroom was pretty nice! I personally would consider living there. It's in a good location as well.
Good to know! It's really close to campus so I was hoping someone would say it's worth considering! Also, we need to get a Facebook group going! I'm excited to see who is in our class! 🙂
Definitely worth considering! Susan Johnson said in an email that if someone wanted to make a Facebook group then they should email her about it!Good to know! It's really close to campus so I was hoping someone would say it's worth considering! Also, we need to get a Facebook group going! I'm excited to see who is in our class! 🙂
I emailed her Friday afternoon about starting one, so we'll see what she says!Definitely worth considering! Susan Johnson said in an email that if someone wanted to make a Facebook group then they should email her about it!
Perfect! Thanks for doing that!I emailed her Friday afternoon about starting one, so we'll see what she says!
Someone else is actually doing it now, but it should be done sometime this week!Perfect! Thanks for doing that!
Just requested to join!!Just checked Facebook and the group is up! MUSC DPT Class of 2020! Yay!
im looking for two roommates (girls) that would be willing to room with me! 🙂 so if anyone is looking let me know!