bella07

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2009
Status
Pharmacy Student
You have to do what is best for you, but maybe I can help a little. I can tell you that about your 'new building' pro, that they are still in the process of finishing that building at UGA, so it's likely you will be mostly in the old building anyway, or at least split between both. Right now, the current freshmen have had the majority of their lectures in the old auditorium. The haven't even finished the third and fourth floors yet, which are labs mostly. I'm in the same dilemma you are, and cost is a major obstacle. I hope that helps a little. Good luck with your decision!

By3Times1Minus1

7+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2010
Austin, TX
Status
Pharmacy Student
You have to do what is best for you, but maybe I can help a little. I can tell you that about your 'new building' pro, that they are still in the process of finishing that building at UGA, so it's likely you will be mostly in the old building anyway, or at least split between both. Right now, the current freshmen have had the majority of their lectures in the old auditorium. The haven't even finished the third and fourth floors yet, which are labs mostly. I'm in the same dilemma you are, and cost is a major obstacle. I hope that helps a little. Good luck with your decision!
i interviewed in february, and the building looked pretty much done when we toured it. i asked dr. greenspan about it during my interview, and he said there's really only 1 main lecture hall freshman use in the old building. most other classes are in the new one. i'm not sure what MUSC is, but good luck with your decision.

bella07

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2009
Status
Pharmacy Student
I also saw the new lecture hall, but I'm just telling you what they told me at my interview in February. The first year students said that most of their lectures were still in the old building and the tour guide said that they were still working to complete the labs on the third floor and that the adminitrators were displaced because the offices on the first floor hadn't been finished...I wasn't making it up! :)Maybe they've finished it since I interviewed, but that was the last I heard.

Feb 14, 2010
Status
Go to UGA if you can afford it. MUSC is a dump pharmacy school. They tell you that the distance ed will provide the best teachers but they really use who ever has time in some classes. You will find the faculty to be very arrogant once you get there and your face time with faculty is limited. This comes from friends of mine who are there now.

MUSC campus is very much overrated and it is because it is in Charleston.

I didnt even apply to SCCP because of the distanced ed fiascos and the lack of student friendliness once you get there.