MUSC radonc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

radmonkey

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody got any gouge on the MUSC program. I haven't seen much about it on the forum and I'm curious about it. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks

RM

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody got any gouge on the MUSC program. I haven't seen much about it on the forum and I'm curious about it. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks

RM

I interviewed there a couple of years ago, so I know things have probably changed, but I really liked the program. Make no mistake, it is small, and highly clinically oriented, but it seemed that the overall clinical training was pretty good. Buddy Genrette is absolutely one of the nicest guys you will meet on the interview trail. I understand that he has passed the PD reigns to David Marshall, who also gets high marks from those who have interviewed with him. I'm not sure what the status of the new Cancer Center is at present. Beyond that, I think Charleston is just a great city, one of the best that I saw during the interview process (caveat: I'm a lifelong southerner who has never lived in a city > 500k population).

FWIW, if you're interested in training in the SE, and going in private practice, MUSC is definitely worth a closer look.