Dec 2, 2013
Status
Dental Student
Anyone have any specific positive or negative comments concerning these two programs that would help to make someone choose one over the other?
Congrats to all those acceptances!
Thanks.

bluemoon27

5+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2012
Status
Pre-Dental
You can choose MUSC so I have a shot at the GRU seat. lol. jk. i liked GRU when I visited them. still waiting for interviews ;)

Oct 22, 2013
Status
Dental Student
You can choose MUSC so I have a shot at the GRU seat. lol. jk. i liked GRU when I visited them. still waiting for interviews ;)

+1 (from a guy still waiting from a call from GRU!)

sgv

5+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2013
Status
Resident [Any Field]
What's the cost difference and what do you want after dental school?

OP
C smiles
Dec 2, 2013
Status
Dental Student
What's the cost difference and what do you want after dental school?
I have been accepted to GRU already (sorry guys haha, plus I'm out of state...)
MUSC is one of the most expensive schools out there and being OOS for GRU doesn't help costs from there either.
As far as what I want to do after I am not 100% sure.

MUSC has some pretty technologically advanced equipment at their disposal and during your 3rd and 4th year when you are dealing with patients MUSC has staff that will take care of scheduling and receiving payment from patients; you're graded on treatment only.
GRU is a new school with great equipment (not as advanced), you start dealing with clinical tools/issues your 2nd year and you are responsible AND graded on scheduling, treatment and receiving payment from patients. (Not a bad thing if you take it as preparing you for your own business.)

GRU is trying to reach a class size of 100 ASAP
MUSC is at 70-75 this go around I believe (please correct me if I'm mistaken).

These are just a few things I learned during my interviews and tours. However, I have not heard anything from MUSC so maybe I am contemplating for no reason LOL.