Musc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prsuser

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone heard from MUSC today?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't. I guess it may come tomorrow with the UPS man. :confused:

That's what I'm hoping for. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, it's been a long time since September...I'm just ready to know....

Last edited:
Still nervously waiting.

I wonder how many people have called Mr. Liner today... :)

Guys...not many will go out tomorrow, so be patient and good luck!!!

They wont be here until thursday!! They sent them out tonight, in a 2day package, so just wait until then!!

Good luck everyone

2day package? Is that what Mr Liner told you today? I guess two more days won't kill us. Good luck guys!

They wont be here until thursday!! They sent them out tonight, in a 2day package, so just wait until then!!

Good luck everyone

Mr. Liner told you that??
Well..he released more information with you than he ever released with me. Anyways, thanks for sharing.

I got a call today from MUSC. I'm in! They said that official letters will arrive thursday.:laugh:

I got a call today from MUSC. I'm in! They said that official letters will arrive thursday.:laugh:

Since when did they start calling again???
I don't know what musc is upto now...congrats on your success!!!

Since when did they start calling again???
I don't know what musc is upto now...congrats on your success!!!

They said they are calling to confirm addresses before mailing letters.

Members don't see this ad :)

Congrats on the good news man!! Hopefully I will hear from them as well before Christmas..

Just got a call from Amy!!!

What'd she say?

Oh sorry, she called to let me know that I was in. She said she didn't have a chance to call all 20 applicants yesterday, so she was making some more calls today. Accordingly, the official letter should arrive through UPS.

I know its hard, but just be patient. They have called only 20 people so far. Some more should go out sometime soon. Good luck!

I got a call from Amy today too!!! I'm so elated!

Congrats everyone! I'm still waiting.:confused: I'm starting to kind of get worried. I was looking at everyone's predents that got the call, and you all have done quite a bit more shadowing than me. I have completed 55 hours...hope that's enough.

Congrats everyone! I'm still waiting.:confused: I'm starting to kind of get worried. I was looking at everyone's predents that got the call, and you all have done quite a bit more shadowing than me. I have completed 55 hours...hope that's enough.

I looked at your stats on predents.. Don't worry too much your scores and GPA are above average so you got a really good chance of getting in.. They only sent out like 15-18 in-state acceptances right away so there's still a lot of spots to fill.

Just got my call from Amy. I am in! She said that they are sending out another round of acceptances.

anyone have any clue how many have gone out yet?

I was told yesterday that they have sent out 37 so far. No word on how many of those are attending. Obviously they do not know that yet.

Does anyone know the acceptance to attending ratio?

Really? Where have you decided to attend?

Does anyone know the acceptance to attending ratio?
According to the 2008 ADEA, 56 in-state applicants were accepted and 53 attended. 8 out-of-state applicants were accepted and 3 attended. Hope that helps.

Thanks Alot, hopefully I'll get lucky

Any new letters go out this week? THIS IS TORTURE!!

Does anyone know anything about having to go back for a second interview?

Does anyone know anything about having to go back for a second interview?

I haven't heard of this before. Are they asking you to come back for a second?

Well I know two girls that are first and second years that interviewed at least twice. I haven't been invited yet, but I have heard from a friend who SHOULD have correct info that i will be asked?? But i wanted to know what anyone else thought/heard.

hmm.. never heard of that. you should call bill liner and see what he has to say. as far as i know there is only one interview per person

Two interviews...never heard of it before, but I think its not fair for others then!

does anyone know if there has been a second round yet? i heard it was supposed to be dec 15 or 16th but i dont know of anyone that found out around then..

I think ya'll are right I believe that whoever said that was confused and they were talking about second year applicants having another interview the second year..

The last I have hear Javed has been out of town for three weeks so I'm pretty sure none have gone out in that time frame... hopefully they'll start sending some more out..

I saw Dr. Javed on campus yesterday....but was out of town the last two weeks. I have a feeling that more will be going out this week or next.

yea they started back yesterday, but I was told three weeks because he goes to pakistan over the holiday to visit family a week before the school is out.... who knows? all second hand

MUSC just started back today. Last year, third round went out in mid-January. They haven't met yet to make the decision because another group of interviews is this Friday. They usually send out a batch the week after that. Hope that helps!

Amy Called me today at 5:15. See ya'll there. Thanks for all the help.

Last edited:
amy called to let you know you got in or for an interview? if so, would that be the 2nd batch or 3rd?

Oh sorry, to tell me I was accepted.

Hey everyone,
Just to let you know if you don't know already, there is a MUSC Dental Med class of 2013 group on facebook! Everyone who has been accepted should join so we can start getting to know each other!!

Accepted today!! Looking forward to meeting you all in June!:)
-Lindsay