Musc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sjohn106

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else apply to MUSC? I received a letter today saying I am on the alternate list...3rd alternate list I've been put on. Hopefully, someone will take me or one of the schools I haven't heard from will!! Does anyone know the chances of getting in MUSC off the wait list?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to MUSC as well and also got placed on the alternate list :( I'm praying to still get in because that's where I really want to go. I called them and asked them if they could tell me anything about how many people are on the list or what number I was, but they wont tell me anything. Let me know if you hear anything.

Will do, you do that same! Hopefully we will get in. If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats? (gre, gpa, observation hrs)

Members don't see this ad :)
Nutrition Major
GPA: 3.39
GRE: 1220
Observational hours: 100

My GPA is alright I guess, I feel pretty good about my GRE, but I wish I had more time to get more observational hours. If I don't get in this year my plan is to get a lot more observational hours in a couple more different settings and maybe retake a class or two to raise my GPA, but I'm not sure. What are your stats? I'll definitely keep you updated if I hear anything.

mine stats are about the same, you're gre is a little higher (mine's 1150).
GPA: 3.38
Prereq GPA: 3.45
Observation hours: 85

They are driving me crazy. I was wait listed as well and I need to know to either sign another lease here or move! I don't understand why this school can't tell us what our status is on the waitlist! :confused:

No, I emailed them and asked if I could know where I am on the wait list, and they cannot tell me. Did you call them?

No, I ended up choosing a different school, but from personal experience it's always better to get to talk to someone directly. i would assume they get tons of emails everyday.

Hi! Just found this forum. I am also with you guys on the alternate list and I am patiently waiting to hear back from MUSC but my optimism is shrinking everyday. Well hopefully we will hear back before May, preferably before the last week of April so I can let the place Im living now if I am renewing my lease or not. Y'all let me know if you get any notification anytime soon. Also does anyone have the number still that we could call to talk to them. I am going on a cruise next weekend and would like for them to have an alternate number to call just in case a miracle happens and I did get taking off the waiting list. Well hope yall have a great night!

I am still waiting now too. I guess no news is good news, but I am getting anxious. I have also heard they are fairly slow in getting the word out though. Let me know if you get in and good luck