Musc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dpt013

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied early decision to MUSC and just heard back today that they can't accept me at this time and will consider my application during the regular decision cycle. Does anyone know what the likelihood of them accepting me during the regular decision cycle is since they deferred me?
My overall GPA is 3.15 but my science GPA is higher (haven't calculated it exactly yet).
My GRE scores were in the 70-something-th percentile for verbal and 80-something-th percentile for quantitative.

Members don't see this ad.

I got the exact same email and we have pretty similar stats. My overall is 3.05 but my prereq is about to be 3.58 after I finish two courses this semester. My scores are only in the 60th and 50th percentiles. I'd like to know the same thing! Definitely not the email I was hoping for.

Id think your overall gpa is a little low, but if your GRE scores are really that high then you have a good shot, depending on your pre req gpa of course.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the same reply. I applied VERY early and even attended open house events. looks like they are getting a lot of applicants.

Yeah, it seems as though everyone I've talked to who has applied to MUSC early was deferred to regular decision which kinda makes sense since I know their admissions is done according to a ranking system and they can't really rank us appropriately without comparing us to the total pool of applicants. My guess is that they only offer early acceptances to applicants with impeccable GPAs and GRE scores so I'm trying not to be too discouraged by the deferred decision.
My friend who has similar stats as me applied last year early and was deferred and eventually placed on the wait list. He said that he didn't know anyone who was deferred to regular decision who didn't get in or wait listed so that's kind of encouraging I guess?
Good luck to everyone!

Yeah, I got the same email! Pretty bummed...
I have a 3.8 GPA, with a 3.9 pre-rec GPA so far. However, I still have two pre-recs to complete...maybe they want them all finished by the time you apply?
I'm also out of state. Does anyone know if that makes a difference.

Not sure. A friend of mine got in early with a 3.7 cum. GPA and he was from NC. Your stats seem great; I wouldn't be too worried.

Has anyone heard back regarding an acceptance? I also applied early decision, and live out of state but did not receive any email or response yet...

Has anyone heard back regarding an acceptance? I also applied early decision, and live out of state but did not receive any email or response yet...
You should have heard if you were accepted to early admissions, denied admissions, or rolled over to regular admissions. If you were rolled over you won't hear anything until February again about acceptance, denial, or wait listed.