Must pass Praxis - referrals needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Well

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings:

Does anyone have 1st hand experience or know someone who purchased study guides for the Praxis? Some have keys while others do not. (ETS has no key).I need to get this done now and am aware that the traditional method of pouring over past class material is not an effective approach.

W

Members don't see this ad.

Have you tried "An Advanced Review of Speech-Language Pathology"? It's a big, bright blue book. Although it's not a "study guide" per se, it is a great tool for studying for the Praxis. My graduate program recommended it for us to use. It covers all of the different subjects that will appear on the Praxis and it has review guides and questions at the end of each chapter.

I took the Praxis a year ago and found that there was a large emphasis placed on knowing information about "Multicultural issues" and specific voice and speech science/physics related questions. My graduate program did not offer a specific class in multicultural issues (although they do now) and I did not feel that they would go into as much detail about the physics/acoustics parts of voice and sound as much. Just an fyi when studying!

Hope this helps!