MWU acceptance recently ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalstd2008

dental student to be
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone receive MWU acceptance call/email/letter recently ? I've just received a top group notification yesterday, but no acceptance yet. I'm praying...

Members don't see this ad.

I've been waiting for what seems like forever!!! It's my top choice so I'm still hoping to get in...what do you mean by top group????

midwestern does "top group" now too.....or did you mean ASDOH which is also in arizona?

Members don't see this ad :)
How did you receive you top group notification? Were you on the alternate list beforehand?

Thanks

I am not in alternate list before hand. I am in top group of MWU, but no acceptance yet. I received the note by email. MWU is my top choice also, so yes, it's like waiting for forever !
If someone receives acceptance recently, please share with us. : )

Yea, i got the same e-mail maybe about two days ago saying i was in the Top group. Not sure if that means i'm on the alternate list or what.. or is it above the alternate list??? And how many people are on this top list.. there is no number? Does anyone know what exactly does that mean.. b/c the letter said if someone decides they don't want to go or fail to pay their deposit than they go to that list.. can anyone confirm??

MWU is my top choice also, and I am praying that i get in...

I guess top group is better than waiting list. If they have spots, they will consider top group first before waiting list. What do you mean by "people fail to deposit or don't want to go then go to the list" ? I don't see this sentence on my notice .

Geez, so they are now doing the ASDOH thing huh?

Well, top group means still waiting :( I don't know if it should be hopeful or hopeless !

ok, do you see the paragraph that says the bad new is that there are more applicats selected for the top group than we have room for in the class, at least for now. Then it talks about waiting until May 1st for the ADEA to let them know who has paid deposits , in order to flush out those who are holding a spot. Anyway, so i read that as they won't accept people from the top group until they find out who is def. going to the school and who isn't.. by people who have placed their deposit... anyway.. like the other person said.. being on this top group is like being on the waiting list.. i don't see any difference...

I'm just really depressed if i don't get to go to this school

I know. I don't like to wait at all. I don't understand why they have to let us wait wait and wait. It's hard !!!!!! I'm trying to forget about it at least for now, take it easy, hopefully, someday, they will call to accept me.

I got one too, sigh
At first, I thought it was an acceptance..shucks

Did anyone not get a top group letter?? I hope they didn't send this out to a lot of people.

This schools going to be awesome. MWU please accept me!!!!

did you guys have interviews recently? meaning after dec 1st?

How many people did interview you? They told us that they are not going to email anyone, it's eaither gonna be a phone call or mail. When did you exactly receive the letter?

Does good interview mean that you are gonna get accepted?

Does good interview mean that you are gonna get accepted?
Good interview does NOT mean getting accepted ! It just give you a plus into your status. Maybe they will call or mail only when they accept you. I guess.