MWU-AZ Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCF Hockey19

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the interview process like at MWU-AZ?
What is the interview style?
How long is the whole day process, I am trying to book a flight that fly's out the same day at 7pm and was worried if I will make the flight or not?

Members don't see this ad.

traditional interview, 2 interviewers + 1 D2 student, interviewers ask you questions and you answer while D2 is there when you ask the questions. Since the dean changed, they do drilling in interviews that put you in a tough spot (asking questions back to back without letting you rest and dont joke or anything). Usually, you only should take 3 4 seconds to begin answering the question. but Speak slowly then you will have more time to think the answer in your head while appearing to answer the questions prompty.

it lasts from 8am to 2pm (or 3pm), interview, tour, lunch, presentation (sales pitch that they introduce you to the GOODNESS of that 90k$ year tuition)

if you book flight out at 7pm, ull most definitely make it since nobody stays past 4pm. and IF you have the interview this early, you will MOST LIKELY be accepted unless you screw up badly. but look for cheaper school, this school is nice but too expensive.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty much what was said. It's you, two faculty members, and a current student. Interview is very drilled but they will let you know if your answer starts to go off topic and redirect you. Everyone last year was asked the same questions. Make sure you do your research on the school. While people are interviewing, you hang out in like a lounge with current students and can ask questions. After the interviews was a tour. The tour was phenomenal and blew my mind. There was also a Q&A with the dean and lunch in there somewhere. I had a flight that was in the middle of the day and was a bit rushed, but ultimately made it with no issues.

Overall it's a great school and the cost of living in Glendale is much cheaper than places like NYC or Boston. Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions!

Reactions: 1 user
Did you receive an "application complete" email prior to the interview request for MWU? Fogorvostan, can I pm you to learn more about what MWU is like?

Did you receive an "application complete" email prior to the interview request for MWU? Fogorvostan, can I pm you to learn more about what MWU is like?
Go for it! I'm starting in the fall but I'll try to answer as best I can :)

I really liked MWU-AZ, but it was by far my worst interview experience. I was surprised since it wasn't nearly as "well-known" as all the other schools I was interviewing at and it was my back up. I was still accepted, so even if the interview itself goes terrible, don't worry! I don't go here, but everyone says they produce incredible clinicians.

Congrats! Any tips for the questions asked during the interview?

Sent from my SM-N920T using SDN mobile
Research the school and know a little about its program. I'm not involved with the interview process this year (that's for D2s and up), so I'm not sure if it has changed much from last year. Either way, be honest with everything and don't be scared to ask for clarification on any questions. Last year it was a little uncomfortable because it felt like you were being drilled, but that's how it was for everyone, so don't let that bother you.