-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
MWU CCP: Accepted Student
Started by nparikh84
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
All I got was a large envelope in the mail.
nparikh84 said:just out of curiosity, were any of you contacted by e-mail with your admissions decision or was it just USPS. Also, if you were contacted by USPS, did you recieve your news in a large envelope or a small, standard sized one.....just curios
thanks
i received a message this a.m. from a counselor at MWU CCP to inform me that i was accepted into the program. she said that i'll receive an acceptance letter and info. packet in about 1-2 weeks. i thought that was nice that she personally called me to let me know. i really like their program, but am very nervous about acquiring that much debt. i'm still waiting to here from UIC. however, i read on a post here and info. on their website that their avg. PCAT was 90% so if that's the case then I won't get offered an interview. which is fine b/c it makes my decision easier.
good luck!
good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lazydazy said:i received a message this a.m. from a counselor at MWU CCP to inform me that i was accepted into the program. she said that i'll receive an acceptance letter and info. packet in about 1-2 weeks. i thought that was nice that she personally called me to let me know. i really like their program, but am very nervous about acquiring that much debt. i'm still waiting to here from UIC. however, i read on a post here and info. on their website that their avg. PCAT was 90% so if that's the case then I won't get offered an interview. which is fine b/c it makes my decision easier.
good luck!
Congrads L.Dazy!! 👍 Are you going to have a big party tonight? 😀
I'm kinda nervous regarding debt also...
I have my MCV this coming Monday (Feb 7th) so we'll see how it goes.
I don't know much about the Downers Grove area or the school in general so maybe I'll have a clearer outlook concerning this option after next week.
-skp
i just bought two bottles of champagne. 🙂 i'm definitely going to celebrate tonight! i just returned from vacationing in FL so this is a great way to end it. I can't wait to put in my two weeks notice this summer to my employer! I was so scared I wouldn't get accepted and then have to suffer working at my crappy job for another year.
hey, if you have any questions regarding the chicago area just let me know. downers grove is your typical chicago suburb, but at least you're not too far away from the city. i'll definitely still reside in chicago and just commute. i really like the way the program is structured and the faculty are very nice too.
where else did you apply? i hope you enjoy your MCV next week!
hey, if you have any questions regarding the chicago area just let me know. downers grove is your typical chicago suburb, but at least you're not too far away from the city. i'll definitely still reside in chicago and just commute. i really like the way the program is structured and the faculty are very nice too.
where else did you apply? i hope you enjoy your MCV next week!
skp said:Congrads L.Dazy!! 👍 Are you going to have a big party tonight? 😀
I'm kinda nervous regarding debt also...
I have my MCV this coming Monday (Feb 7th) so we'll see how it goes.
I don't know much about the Downers Grove area or the school in general so maybe I'll have a clearer outlook concerning this option after next week.
-skp
I got in too! Wendy just called me this morning! (I was surprised because I was notified earlier than expected..I think it's becasue I left her a vm regarding a question about my application). See you in the Fall if you choose CCP! 😀
Congrats, all of you. 🙂
Congratulations! I'm happy to hear that you were accepted too! 😛
i wasn't home to take her call, but had to listen to the message twice to confirm it was true. whew! what a relief!
i really want to attend MWU, but it's costly. i'm waiting to her from UIC regarding if I'm worthy of an interview. However, I'm leaning 80% towards MWU though. It just feels right regardless of the cost. Plus, I really like their accelerated program.
i wasn't home to take her call, but had to listen to the message twice to confirm it was true. whew! what a relief!
i really want to attend MWU, but it's costly. i'm waiting to her from UIC regarding if I'm worthy of an interview. However, I'm leaning 80% towards MWU though. It just feels right regardless of the cost. Plus, I really like their accelerated program.skp said:l. dazy,
i'm too lazy to look-up the stat but do you know the # of first years they allow in the accelerated program?
-skp
50.
so, about 200 in the 1st year class...right?
and say 150 would take the option...
meaning you have to be in the top 50 out of 150...roughly in the top third of class?
how do these #'s look...anyone??
this accelerated option would be a HUGE factor in my decision if I were offered admission at MU:CCP.
any input...now that I've fully hijacked the thread (sorry nparikh84) 😳
-skp
and say 150 would take the option...
meaning you have to be in the top 50 out of 150...roughly in the top third of class?
how do these #'s look...anyone??
this accelerated option would be a HUGE factor in my decision if I were offered admission at MU:CCP.
any input...now that I've fully hijacked the thread (sorry nparikh84) 😳
-skp
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
skp said:so, about 200 in the 1st year class...right?
and say 150 would take the option...
meaning you have to be in the top 50 out of 150...roughly in the top third of class?
Here's how the selection works: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=171523
They take the top 50 out of 200, not out of 150. 😕
lazydazy said:Congratulations! I'm happy to hear that you were accepted too! 😛
i wasn't home to take her call, but had to listen to the message twice to confirm it was true. whew! what a relief!i really want to attend MWU, but it's costly. i'm waiting to her from UIC regarding if I'm worthy of an interview. However, I'm leaning 80% towards MWU though. It just feels right regardless of the cost. Plus, I really like their accelerated program.
Congrats to you!!
🙂 I'm feeling the exact same way u're feeling about MWU vs. UIC. I found out a couple days ago, and I'm still jumping for joy inside..! hehe 😳
Hey everyone! I'm new here and I just wanted to ask a quick question. I applied to MWU:CCP in mid-January. For those of you invited to the MCV, how long did it take for you to receive an invite after all materials were in? What kind of question was asked for the essay question? Thanks! 🙂
MWU CCP offered a MCV w/in 2-3 weeks of my application complete date.
The essay question asked was something like this: If you were recently hired as a hospital pharmacist and you saw a PT taking narcotics from the pharmacy, what would you do?
The essay question asked was something like this: If you were recently hired as a hospital pharmacist and you saw a PT taking narcotics from the pharmacy, what would you do?
rhs213 said:For those of you invited to the MCV, how long did it take for you to receive an invite after all materials were in?
I submitted my application in August and my supplemental materials in September, and I was invited to a MCV in November.
rhs213 said:Hey everyone! I'm new here and I just wanted to ask a quick question. I applied to MWU:CCP in mid-January. For those of you invited to the MCV, how long did it take for you to receive an invite after all materials were in? What kind of question was asked for the essay question? Thanks! 🙂
My application status was changed to complete on the Interact Now forum on 1/4, and I received a MCV letter on 1/7. I think it depends on when the admissions committee meets and whether or not they've received your materials at that time. I went to the same MCV as lazydazy, and that was the same question I had...but I believe they change the questions for each visit.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
S
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
S
D
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
D