Mwu-cpg

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rmhopper

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
They told us we would be notified around 2 weeks after our interview and it's almost been a month now! Im getting anxious. However, on the bright side, I should find out from them, OU, and Creighton at about the same time. I wouldn't mind getting all 3 at the same time! Is anyone here for sure going to MWU-CPG?

Members don't see this ad.

rmhopper said:
They told us we would be notified around 2 weeks after our interview and it's almost been a month now! Im getting anxious. However, on the bright side, I should find out from them, OU, and Creighton at about the same time. I wouldn't mind getting all 3 at the same time! Is anyone here for sure going to MWU-CPG?

Nevermind! Got acceptance letter to MWU-CPG this morning

Im probably going to MWU-CPG!! Congrats to you! Where you from?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am from Joplin, MO. How about yourself?

Im from Chicago....um dumb question. Is MO montana? I know I know, i suck at geography!

Thanks! i never remember those. im terrible!

rmhopper, when did u interview? Also is CPG ur first choice? I have had such positive experiences with CPG...very impressed!

Actually MWU-CPG is my 3rd choice behind KU (whom is taking their sweet time), and Oklahoma. Even with that said, I am very tempted to go to Glendale b/c of the 3 year program. It's gonna be a tough decision! I interviewed on Feb. 24 and was also very impressed.

Hey Im pretty cool myself! :cool:

rmhopper said:
Nevermind! Got acceptance letter to MWU-CPG this morning

Congrats!!! I received my acceptance letter today!!! :) Chances are I will be attending Midwestern, Glendale...3 years (actually 2.75) is a pretty good deal! I loved the campus...although Palm Beach Atlantic was pretty, it still is a new program. Plus, AZ is closer to home!!!

Let me know if you decide to go! ^_^ YAY class of 2008!!!

congratulations!! it's a good feeling isn't it? i loved the glendale campus and the 2.75 years is definitely appealing, that's for sure (i personally like going by two years b/c i don't count rotations in there!). i'm having trouble deciding though :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
rmhopper said:
congratulations!! it's a good feeling isn't it? i loved the glendale campus and the 2.75 years is definitely appealing, that's for sure (i personally like going by two years b/c i don't count rotations in there!). i'm having trouble deciding though :confused:

Thanks!!! It really is a tough decision...but after visiting a few pharmacy school campuses, I liked the feel of MWG-CPG A LOT...people there were friendly and laid-back! Our interviewer said that the atmosphere is very nurturing rather than competative/cut-throat. Also, everybody was incredibly sweet, even the non-pharmacy students! If you definitely like the feel of a smaller school, than Glendale would be perfect. :thumbup:

Plus you really can't beat 2.75 years...If I end up getting into my other top choice, Houston, than it will be a toss up between money or saving time. (in state vs. out of state)

Good luck w/ your decision!

Going to CPG as well. It was my number one choice because of the acceleration and colloborative feel. and not just the students, the faculty seems to have a great relationship with the students, treating them as future peers.

jboogie said:
and not just the students, the faculty seems to have a great relationship with the students, treating them as future peers.

That's definitely the way it is at Midwestern.

MWU-CPG here I come! Woo hoo! Im excited to meet all those going to CPG

For everyone that is going to be attending MWU CPG, are you all going to live in the campus apartments or do you plan on finding another place?

rmhopper said:
For everyone that is going to be attending MWU CPG, are you all going to live in the campus apartments or do you plan on finding another place?

rmhopper - I totally plan on living on campus...you really can't beat waking up and going to class in 10 mins!!! :D Rooms are soooo cheap, especially with a roommate, so I am def. turning in my application ASAP!

TAI - I'm excited about meeting everything toooo!

Well, my fiance and i are moving to Arizona together so we will be buying a house somewhere close by! If i were single though i would definately live on campus. Im excited to own my first house!

WOO HOO GO ILLINI!

Vandykitten said:
rmhopper - I totally plan on living on campus...you really can't beat waking up and going to class in 10 mins!!! :D Rooms are soooo cheap, especially with a roommate, so I am def. turning in my application ASAP!

I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. I only met one person who was actually happy living in the campus apartments. Most tolerated it (and moved out after the first year), and some absolutely hated it. Did you talk with anyone who lived in them while you were visiting the campus/during your interview date? There are plenty of aparment complexes in the area of the school if you're concerned about distance.

ForgetMeNot said:
I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. I only met one person who was actually happy living in the campus apartments. Most tolerated it (and moved out after the first year), and some absolutely hated it. Did you talk with anyone who lived in them while you were visiting the campus/during your interview date? There are plenty of aparment complexes in the area of the school if you're concerned about distance.

Hey ForgetMeNot! Woah...I had no idea! Thanks for the input...was there any particular reasons why they hated it? I haven't had a chance to look off campus; most of the students were off on break when I visited for my interview! It just seems like a killer deal with cable, internet, etc. all for under $400!

Vandykitten said:
Hey ForgetMeNot! Woah...I had no idea! Thanks for the input...was there any particular reasons why they hated it? I haven't had a chance to look off campus; most of the students were off on break when I visited for my interview! It just seems like a killer deal with cable, internet, etc. all for under $400!

I don't live on campus, but I remember hearing at the beginning of the year about how dirty the apartments were, mold, etc. Now there are some issues with bees.

off2skl said:
I don't live on campus, but I remember hearing at the beginning of the year about how dirty the apartments were, mold, etc. Now there are some issues with bees.

Wow...that's definitely something to be concerned about O_O ... the apartments we were shown during the tour were in pretty good shape, so unless they were showing us the best of the best, that is something I'll take into consideration.

Bees = :scared:
Mold = :thumbdown:

I guess I'll see how everything works out as I may be driving over to AZ this Summer to check out the area!

Thanks!