MWU Interview invited

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hope2007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am scheduled for interview at MWU next week Jan 15. Yehhh, I can't wait to move away from home so bad.!! Any advices would be appreciated!!:love:

Members don't see this ad.

I was pretty nervous before I went to my interview there but you shouldn't be. They are Really nice and they make it very easy to be comfortable and relaxed. Like everyone says....Just be yourself. :)

Thank you for your respond. Actually, this is my second time inteview at Dental School. I am still very nervous. Can I ask you which Hotel (close to the campus) you would recommended to stay for 1 night? Thanks again:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they have you write an essay? how long is it supposed to be? is it a free topic or assigned?

Thank you for your respond. Actually, this is my second time inteview at Dental School. I am still very nervous. Can I ask you which Hotel (close to the campus) you would recommended to stay for 1 night? Thanks again:)

i stayed at the Sleep Inn. it was just a straight shot down one road, no turns. few minute drive and they have wireless internet if you need to access it. also continental breakfast in the morn to get you going. goodluck!

Me and three other students stayed at the Comfort Inn. Free shuttle to and from the school, you just have to call them when they day is done.

Interview day was really well put together, with quite a bit of downtime in between things where you can really get to know the other interviewees.

Thank you Xtractime and Shane for your replied. I am from Calif and I will be flying from LAX to Pheonix, AZ. I've never been to this state. Did you guys get the taxi to your hotel? My schedule is very tight bc I didn't want to miss my classes. I will arrive at 8pm, the night before the interview day and will be leaving at 4pm, right after the interview. I hope thing will work out for me :)**What I worry is I will miss the fly and will not able to make it there on time or I got to the wrong airport/state. :confused:

***As it happened to my bestfriend who missed his flight to the orientation day and so the school dismissed him.

I have a real hard time believing that story......

Yes, it was true unless my friend was lied to me.
He got accepted to WU Pharm school in 2004. Our friends celebrated for him a night before his flight to Washington. He missed the flight and couldn't make it to the orientation (manditory). He was depressed for 3 months. Finally he applied again for the following year and He got accepted to Touro Pharm school in CA 2005. :)

Thank you Xtractime and Shane for your replied. I am from Calif and I will be flying from LAX to Pheonix, AZ. I've never been to this state. Did you guys get the taxi to your hotel? My schedule is very tight bc I didn't want to miss my classes. I will arrive at 8pm, the night before the interview day and will be leaving at 4pm, right after the interview. I hope thing will work out for me :)**What I worry is I will miss the fly and will not able to make it there on time or I got to the wrong airport/state. :confused:

***As it happened to my bestfriend who missed his flight to the orientation day and so the school dismissed him.

If your plane leaves at 4pm, I would suggest you to take your suitcase with you to the interview. You probably wont have time to go back to your hotel to get your stuff, then to airport, as the interview finishes around 2pm if I recall. The staff are super friendly, and will store your suitcase in their office for you. Goodlucks with your interview!!

Midwestern was the most stressful of all of my interviews. I think it depends highly on which pair of interviewers you have. The ones I interviewed with seemed more cold and clinical, while the other pair seemed more warm and outgoing.

I came away with the impression that the program itself was going to be excellent, however. The facilities will be brand new, the faculty seemed eager to get started, and Dr. Simonsen was very impressive.

Midwestern was the most stressful of all of my interviews. I think it depends highly on which pair of interviewers you have. The ones I interviewed with seemed more cold and clinical, while the other pair seemed more warm and outgoing.

I came away with the impression that the program itself was going to be excellent, however. The facilities will be brand new, the faculty seemed eager to get started, and Dr. Simonsen was very impressive.

Hi sarah_ bellum and chipad, thanks for your information. It's really helped. I totally understand what you meant. I had an interview last year (different school) and I had a bad feeling with my interviewer. He seems very tired and stressful and NOT FRIENDLY too. He was excessively sweating in his scrub. Hahhhhhhh, it all depends on your luck, I guess.:luck:

I heard at school today that a friend of mine just got accepted to Midwestern a couple days ago. (He interviewed there Dec 10). Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard at school today that a friend of mine just got accepted to Midwestern a couple days ago. (He interviewed there Dec 10). Anyone else?

Heeeey, this is a good new.:love: I am wondering how many students does the school interview? and how many from these interviewed students got accepted? How many students does the school accept/year? Anybody know?? Thanks

@400 interviewed for 100 spots.

Wow, thanks sarah_bellum. So eventhough I got an interview, I only have 25% chance of acceptance. If you are not their residents, then you probably have half of 25%. I am still shaking!!:scared:

I think that you have a lot better chances than that. It is a private school so in state and out of state students have the same chances and I am sure that they will accept a lot more than 100 people in order to fill those 100 seats! If you look on predents they have accepted a ton and alot of them are going elsewhere. Keep your head up; I don't think scools invite people to interviews that they are not willing to accept!

Yea, good luck Hope, I am interviewing on the 16th, and I am praying that I get in!! I'm sooo excited and can't wait till i see the school!!

I have an interview on the 15th as well. I am really looking forward to it!

Thanks alot you guys. I feel a little better now:)

I think that you have a lot better chances than that. It is a private school so in state and out of state students have the same chances and I am sure that they will accept a lot more than 100 people in order to fill those 100 seats! If you look on predents they have accepted a ton and alot of them are going elsewhere. Keep your head up; I don't think scools invite people to interviews that they are not willing to accept!

that may be the case, but they ARE rejecting people they have interviewed. so if you don't get an acceptance but are at least on the waitlist then hopefully that list will keep moving for the above reasons.

Yea, good luck Hope, I am interviewing on the 16th, and I am praying that I get in!! I'm sooo excited and can't wait till i see the school!!

I have an interview on the 15th as well. I am really looking forward to it!

Goodluck to both of you, hope you both will be part of our awesome class!

good point xtractime.... I didn't mean to say that they accept every person that walks in the door. I just meant that the chances are probably better than 12.5%

Hey Hope how was your interview? I went to interview yesterday- Jan. 16th, and i was blown away. I love the facility, staff, environment, culture!

Midwestern was the most non-stressful interviews. I was a nervous wreck the night before, and I practiced 2 mock interviews at my grad. school, and when I got there, the interviews that I had were nice and friendly, very interested in learning about me!! It was fantastic!!

I came away with the impression that the program itself was going to be excellent. But things are still in the process of coming together, like even the criculum, and so on.. The facilities will be brand new, they said dental clinic will be done by July hopefully, umm.. and the faculty seemed eager to get started, and Dr. Simonsen was very impressive? Also they said that they will now accept 110 students!! I'm sooo excited!! I hope i get into this school, I love everything about it!!

Hey Hope how was your interview? I went to interview yesterday- Jan. 16th, and i was blown away. I love the facility, staff, environment, culture!

Midwestern was the most non-stressful interviews. I was a nervous wreck the night before, and I practiced 2 mock interviews at my grad. school, and when I got there, the interviews that I had were nice and friendly, very interested in learning about me!! It was fantastic!!

I came away with the impression that the program itself was going to be excellent. But things are still in the process of coming together, like even the criculum, and so on.. The facilities will be brand new, they said dental clinic will be done by July hopefully, umm.. and the faculty seemed eager to get started, and Dr. Simonsen was very impressive? Also they said that they will now accept 110 students!! I'm sooo excited!! I hope i get into this school, I love everything about it!!

So they are increasing the class size to 110 students?? I hope they are making adjustments to the # of seats/sim lab units/chairs for this increase, so we wont have to fight over anything. Did they tell you why they are increasing the class size??

Glad you enjoyed the interview!

So do schools accept people off of the alternate list or do they grow the list as they accept people they are currently interviewing and then pull from the list later (after interviews are done and then pull from the list)? I'm on the alternate list there and was wondering if anyone knew how they did it? It's really late, hopefully you guys understand my question...

I interviewed on Nov 20. The interviewers I got were pretty hard on, cold. (2 old guys) The other interviewers seemed pretty laid back. Not surprisingly, other candidates thought the same. Get ready to write an essay. Schools that make you write an essay, ask for a bit too much. Most dental schools don't do that.

Is there anyone out there who interviewed after Dec 1? How long after your interview did MWU get back to you?

Is there anyone out there who interviewed after Dec 1? How long after your interview did MWU get back to you?

There was someone on another thread that said they interviewed on the 16th of January, and heard back the next day that they were accepted.

I interviewed on Nov 20. The interviewers I got were pretty hard on, cold. (2 old guys) The other interviewers seemed pretty laid back. Not surprisingly, other candidates thought the same. Get ready to write an essay. Schools that make you write an essay, ask for a bit too much. Most dental schools don't do that.

You sure about that? Actually, I would say that about half of my interviews had me write an essay. It is pretty common, really. MWU is actually the only school I went to that let me choose a topic out of 3 options. That's pretty generous, don't you think? In fact, their essay was not only easy, but I think they gave us too much time. Other applicants who were interviewing with me actually had time to write several drafts. You don't see that at other schools.

You sure about that? Actually, I would say that about half of my interviews had me write an essay. It is pretty common, really. MWU is actually the only school I went to that let me choose a topic out of 3 options. That's pretty generous, don't you think? In fact, their essay was not only easy, but I think they gave us too much time. Other applicants who were interviewing with me actually had time to write several drafts. You don't see that at other schools.

good point,

some people at my interview were even writing their essays during the lunch time we had, and they handed it in at 2pm right when they were leaving.

All of my interviews I had to write an essay, and we were only given 30 minute tops.

So they are increasing the class size to 110 students?? I hope they are making adjustments to the # of seats/sim lab units/chairs for this increase, so we wont have to fight over anything. Did they tell you why they are increasing the class size??

Glad you enjoyed the interview!

Oh yeah, the interview was great. People who works there are very nice and friendly. It was very relaxing and comforting. The weather wasn't so bad.
They said there are total of 120 seats in the classroom/lab. They will probably accepted ~100 students because they wanted to save some seats/space for the students that need to stay behind a year (if I remembered correctly). Since this year will be the first dental class and they should fill all 120 seats. However, they can save some seats for the following years because some students of this year may have to stay one year behind. Does it make more sense???:luck:

Those of you who have received invites/acceptances, do you mind me asking your stats? In state, out of state?