MWU interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted960078

Hey guys soo need some advice I finally got my first interview at MWU in March and my gpa was 3.03 and oat score was 290 avg and 300 science. However I have a lot of experience working as a optometry tech and ton of shadowing hours. What can I do to better prep myself ? I’m nervous, optometry is what I fell in love with, its what I want to do, never thought about backups either.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys soo need some advice I finally got my first interview at MWU in March and my gpa was 3.03 and oat score was 290 avg and 300 science. However I have a lot of experience working as a optometry tech and ton of shadowing hours. What can I do to better prep myself ? I’m nervous, optometry is what I fell in love with, its what I want to do, never thought about backups either.

Congratulation of getting an interview! The best thing to do is to practice interview questions. Make sure you answer every question the committee ask you. Do not make your answers short so they don't ask you a lot of questions. Show them you have passion about optometry and that you really want to go to their school. Hope this helps :)

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats! All the best! How was your OAT experience? Can you PM me a breakdown of how your OAT went?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on your interview! May I ask which MWU you are interviewing with?
I was accepted to both with somewhat similar stats to yours. They were both very conversational types of interviews, neither of them really dwelled deep into my academics at all. It was more along the lines of why optometry and getting to know you on a personal level. You seem to have a passion for optometry and showing them that during the interview is what they want to see!

Congratulation of getting an interview! The best thing to do is to practice interview questions. Make sure you answer every question the committee ask you. Do not make your answers short so they don't ask you a lot of questions. Show them you have passion about optometry and that you really want to go to their school. Hope this helps :)
thank you!!

Congrats on your interview! May I ask which MWU you are interviewing with?
I was accepted to both with somewhat similar stats to yours. They were both very conversational types of interviews, neither of them really dwelled deep into my academics at all. It was more along the lines of why optometry and getting to know you on a personal level. You seem to have a passion for optometry and showing them that during the interview is what they want to see!

Heyy i have my interview in Downer Grove campus. Congratulations!!! how was you tour like? !!

Can someone let me know how the interview is and what they ask? What should I say when they ask "why MWU?"

Heyy i have my interview in Downer Grove campus. Congratulations!!! how was you tour like? !!
Thank you. The interview was extremely laid back and almost didn't feel like an interview at all. They honestly just wanted to know your personality. The school is very new still, so the building still has a lot of empty rooms, etc. The clinic was absolutely beautiful though, they have all the latest equipment and I was impressed with that.

Can someone let me know how the interview is and what they ask? What should I say when they ask "why MWU?"
i would do some research on the school and since it is a new school talk about all the new things going on?

Thank you. The interview was extremely laid back and almost didn't feel like an interview at all. They honestly just wanted to know your personality. The school is very new still, so the building still has a lot of empty rooms, etc. The clinic was absolutely beautiful though, they have all the latest equipment and I was impressed with that.

Thank you, hopefully my experience would be similar to yours. Little nervous, I have Salus interview coming up on Tuesday, been just researching the school and everything it has to offer. Salus would be my number one choice. So, fingers crossed !

Hi
I have my interview in two weeks with MWU and I was wondering if you can share your interview experience, I am too nervous because I have a low OAT 280/290 and GPA 3.5.
I had an interview with Salus last week and they said I have to retake OAT :(
Meanwhile, I hope you had a great experience in MWU. Any advice will help before my interview. Thanks in advance.