MWU Transcript Request

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nparikh84

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, i'm not sure if i'm being overly paranoid or not but here is my question/situation:

I went to a MCV on Jan 6, 2005 and at that visit the staff informed us that we would be notified of our admissions decision by the first week of February.

Yesterday, I received an e-mail from an admissions counselor stating My application has been considered for the entering class for fall 2005. But before the they can make a final decision they want to look at transcript from my school showing all completed coursework from the fall 2004 semester. They will be meeting in mid-February to make a final decision on my application.

Also, they asked for a transcript only from my main school (i guess) UIC, but i also completed coursework at a different institution as well. Should i send both transcripts in or only the one that they specifically asked for?

For what purpose do you all think they asked for this transcript? Is this a common thing amongst MWU or any other Pharmacy School for that matter? What does this potentially mean? I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but from what i've heard from my friends (one in med school) this is nothing to be really worried about. Now i just want all of your opinions.

thank you

Niket Parikh

Members don't see this ad.

nparikh84 said:
Ok, i'm not sure if i'm being overly paranoid or not but here is my question/situation:

I went to a MCV on Jan 6, 2005 and at that visit the staff informed us that we would be notified of our admissions decision by the first week of February.

Yesterday, I received an e-mail from an admissions counselor stating My application has been considered for the entering class for fall 2005. But before the they can make a final decision they want to look at transcript from my school showing all completed coursework from the fall 2004 semester. They will be meeting in mid-February to make a final decision on my application.

Also, they asked for a transcript only from my main school (i guess) UIC, but i also completed coursework at a different institution as well. Should i send both transcripts in or only the one that they specifically asked for?

For what purpose do you all think they asked for this transcript? Is this a common thing amongst MWU or any other Pharmacy School for that matter? What does this potentially mean? I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but from what i've heard from my friends (one in med school) this is nothing to be really worried about. Now i just want all of your opinions.

thank you

Niket Parikh

This sort of thing occurs often and is not exclusive to MWU. However, I'd call them to see if they really only need your UIC transcript or if they would like the others as well.

Nparikh,

The same thing happened to me today! I had my visit on the 18th of Jan. and they said the same thing. I called wendy and she said that they never received my fall transcripts from Pharmcas....i believe. Its wierd cuz I sent Pharmcas my stuff in December. Im so irrate at them (Pharmcas). I would check to make sure ur other schools receive ur fall grades.

I freaked out as well but feel better about it now after i talked to Wendy. You should give her a ring. I just drove over there and gave her an unofficial copy during my break at COD.

Members don't see this ad :)
drive out there and place whatever they need right in their hot little hands -- this will help you anxiety knowing your not dealing with the USPS too! :D
hope everything works out ok
-skp

NParikh, I would send them both transcripts, from UIC and the other institution (if you attended both concurrently and esp. if you took pre-req courses at the other institution), since they did request to see grades from the Fall. I would also personally go and deliver it to them, so you won't have to worry about it getting there on time.

Tai, I would keep bothering them until they tell you that they've received your transcripts. I checked with other schools I applied to and they told me they received my updated transcripts. MWU was the only school that told me they didn't get it. My guess is that they've already received it, but because of the large amount of apps. coming in, they may have just overlooked it.

I kept bothering them myself, as I also thought they didn't receive my transcript from the fall. They've already made a decision about my app., so I have no idea if they did actually receive it or not. I'm guessing that they didn't ask me for my fall grades because I've already completed my pre-req's prior to the fall. I'm just taking extra classes to finish off my BS this sem.

i just got a call from them saying they havent received my updated transcripts which had fall2004 grades. i looked at pharmcas and they received it jan18. they just told me to fax a copy to them, which i just did.

kayjay said:
NParikh, I would send them both transcripts, from UIC and the other institution (if you attended both concurrently and esp. if you took pre-req courses at the other institution), since they did request to see grades from the Fall. I would also personally go and deliver it to them, so you won't have to worry about it getting there on time.

Tai, I would keep bothering them until they tell you that they've received your transcripts. I checked with other schools I applied to and they told me they received my updated transcripts. MWU was the only school that told me they didn't get it. My guess is that they've already received it, but because of the large amount of apps. coming in, they may have just overlooked it.

I kept bothering them myself, as I also thought they didn't receive my transcript from the fall. They've already made a decision about my app., so I have no idea if they did actually receive it or not. I'm guessing that they didn't ask me for my fall grades because I've already completed my pre-req's prior to the fall. I'm just taking extra classes to finish off my BS this sem.