My $500!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MarcoPolo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After 3 days I sent the $500 Matriculation fee to LECOM I also received an admission letter from WVU. Now I want my money back it's just been 4 or 5 days since then. Do you think LECOM will refund my money back? or I should forget about it? (I think it is too much money to just forget about....:)

Members don't see this ad.

you can always try to cancel the check

After 3 days I sent the $500 Matriculation fee to LECOM I also received an admission letter from WVU. Now I want my money back it's just been 4 or 5 days since then. Do you think LECOM will refund my money back? or I should forget about it? (I think it is too much money to just forget about....:)

Regardless, you have to tell LECOM that you are backing out of your acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish I wrote a check. It was a money order....so I don't think there is no way of stoping the payment. But I think I will try to call and ask them about it once I make my decesion.WVUPharmD, You bet I would rather go to WVU:D.

Ha...dude, that sucks. I'd stop payment on the check, too. ....'Cause we all know you'd rather go to WVU, anyway. ;)

Most schools will say either in the admissions letter or on their website whether the deposit is refundable or not. I unfortunately gave Northeastern $250 just for the hell of it because their deposit is non-refundable.

Honestly, I would be very happy that I got into 1 pharmacy school that the money wouldn't seem like such a big idea. I have already decided that I am accepting the first school that takes me and placing the deposit down, just to make sure. But, I am extremely paranoid about getting in.

so MarcoPolo, was that LECOM erie or LECOM bradenton? just curious...

I'm imagining Asian Pharm as some guy on a waiting list at LECOM thinking to himself, "C'mon guy, go to WVU, go to WVU....."

And even if it's not the case, I'm going to continue imagining that is the case as it is humorous....

I wish I wrote a check. It was a money order....so I don't think there is no way of stoping the payment. But I think I will try to call and ask them about it once I make my decesion.WVUPharmD, You bet I would rather go to WVU:D.

... A common misunderstanding. Money orders CAN be cancelled (which defeats the purpose of them, doesnt it).

Id call the school and let them know youre going to cancel it. :shrug:

... A common misunderstanding. Money orders CAN be cancelled (which defeats the purpose of them, doesnt it).

Id call the school and let them know youre going to cancel it. :shrug:

I'd guess that by now the school already has the money order in hand and has cashed it. They can only be cancelled if they haven't been cashed, from my understanding.

There's a reason schools ask for money orders- this is it.

I'd guess that by now the school already has the money order in hand and has cashed it. They can only be cancelled if they haven't been cashed, from my understanding.

There's a reason schools ask for money orders- this is it.

Then the solution is to drive up to North PA and steal $500 worth of crap from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Then the solution is to drive up to North PA and steal $500 worth of crap from them.

So, what IS the street value of crap these days, and how much would be $500 worth? Does it matter where the crap was.... ummmmm ..... 'grown?' Does the method of harvesting impact the price? Is it important to use legal crap-pickers, or can we get illegals to do the dirty work (you know, the stuff Americans won't do)? Are we talking about fresh crap, concentrated crap, reconstituted-from-frozen crap, dehydrated crap, instant crap, organic crap? Domestic or imported? Full-bodied crap, or just the light stuff?

And don't get me started on species.....

$500 worth of crap will fill a common dump truck. He then drives the crap to central PA where all the farmers live and sell it to the Amish for $1000 because they pay a premium for genetically altered cow crap. Just don't tell 'em it is, it'll freak 'em out. They pay based on quality...and they know good fertilizer...

God, do I have to spell everything out for you people....

$500 worth of crap will fill a common dump truck. He then drives the crap to central PA where all the farmers live and sell it to the Amish for $1000 because they pay a premium for genetically altered cow crap. Just don't tell 'em it is, it'll freak 'em out. They pay based on quality...and they know good fertilizer...

God, do I have to spell everything out for you people....

Yes.

But, I'm impressed. You really know your ****. But lemme ask you this..... does Professional Student crap have a higher end-market value than Undergrad crap?

Possibly. Depends on the person. Mine is worth more because is smells like fresh freakin lilies.

Now, I can understand why this would increase the street value (not to mention the street cred, man), but how did you get your lilies to freak? And, is it a good freak, or a baaaaad freak?

Colloquial adjective, playa.

You can do that in West ByGod? ;-)

My favorite West ByGod experience was when doing the college tours, we stopped to buy fireworks (we're from out of state so it's allowed, which I don't understand, but that's a different thread). Anyhow, we pulled off of I-81 and headed to some double-wide that a guy had set up with a decent little selection of fireworks. As he was describing the fireworks, I noticed that he had three fingers missing on one hand, and two fingers missing on the other.

Now, it would have been rude of me to ask if he was born like that (grin), or if that was a personal modification from years and years of fireworks..... trials.

Seriously- I love West ByGod. I was kinda hoping my kids would want to go to Shepherd or WVU, but no......

I gave $750 to Midwestern CPG for no reason.....so don't feel to bad

:)

So, what IS the street value of crap these days, and how much would be $500 worth? Does it matter where the crap was.... ummmmm ..... 'grown?' Does the method of harvesting impact the price? Is it important to use legal crap-pickers, or can we get illegals to do the dirty work (you know, the stuff Americans won't do)? Are we talking about fresh crap, concentrated crap, reconstituted-from-frozen crap, dehydrated crap, instant crap, organic crap? Domestic or imported? Full-bodied crap, or just the light stuff?

And don't get me started on species.....

Damn.... I want to change schools and go to WVU just so I can be classmates with WVUPharm2007. Your posts are freaking hillarious. I bet your classmates are gonna love you..... or hate your guts. Anybody want my spot at UH?

Nevermind, I just noticed that your about to graduate. I'll just have to work with you sometime.

Damn.... I want to change schools and go to WVU just so I can be classmates with WVUPharm2007. Your posts are freaking hillarious. I bet your classmates are gonna love you..... or hate your guts. Anybody want my spot at UH?

Nevermind, I just noticed that your about to graduate. I'll just have to work with you sometime.

Well, just be glad you don't have to deal with snow.

You can read more of my bitching by reading my blog.

Note: Yinzer = Person from Pittsburgh.