My ambivalent love affair with the kidney

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Electrophile

Working Dog Doc
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel like I'm going down in flames with my ambiguous love affair with the kidney. I love my kidneys and I'd very much like them to keep on keeping on, but especially for histology, I just don't get them. Especially going back and forth on the slides versus diagrams. I just am not seeing it 3D vs the 2D on the slides. Those darn JG and mesangial cells. That dratted macula densa. I am getting frustrated because I feel I've learned it 3 times already and I still don't get it. It doesn't help I always get aldosterone confused with ADH and what their respective jobs are and where they work. Any web sites that anyone has used would be most helpful because our histology test over it is tomorrow and I feel like I'm gonna scream.
 
You are my hero! :bow::bow::bow:

I like our histology professor personally (he's SUPER smart, nice guy, and understanding) but my brain doesn't always jive with his teaching style the first time or three around. Muchos gracias!