My cats love bleach!

Started by NycVet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NycVet

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yup, bleach. I was washing some clothes the other day, and I spilled some on the floor, and every cat in the house (I have four 😀) was on the floor, rolling like crazy. I had to literally hold them back from licking it. I later experimented and mixed some with water and sprayed it on the table and it had the same effect, almost like a major scoop of catnip. Has anyone experienced of heard of something like this?
 
Yep, all 6 of my cats adore bleach. Rags we use to clean, sponges, spots on the floor, they go crazy.

They also like the smell of sweat.
 
You can use it to help attract cats back to their litter box. Wash the box with bleach water and then put fresh litter, this was a suggestion on innapropriate elimination at one of the vet conferences this last year.
 
Whoa, I'd never heard of this attraction but it sounds like something fairly common. Anyone know why?