my chance and yoyr advice

Started by dr.ahmady
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dr.ahmady

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hello guys
please iam IMG GRADUATED 2012
usmle step1 218
step2 230
cs first pass
no USCE
NO research
what is my chance in pediatric residency
and what is your advices to increase my chance?
 
I think a lot depends on what you've been doing the last 3 years and whether you've stayed involved in clinical medicine? Have you tried applying in previous years and failed to match? And how recent are those board scores?

Those scores by themselves are fine--not a huge selling point, but good enough to get someone to look at your application at a lot of programs. I think regardless you are going to need to find some USCE, but I think the answers to the questions above make a huge difference in how competitive you are.