Quantcast

My chances at AUC...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Temperature101

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Non-traditional with 8+ years nursing experience...
URM
3.15 cGPA
3.35 sGPA
20 MCAT (4VR, 7PS, 9BS)

I am retaking the mcat in April 2013 to see if I can get a 26+ so I can apply to DO but I want to have a back up plan...Therefore, AUC is my only back up plan.

Top Gun

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Non-traditional with 8+ years nursing experience...
URM
3.15 cGPA
3.35 sGPA
20 MCAT (4VR, 7PS, 9BS)

I am retaking the mcat in April 2013 to see if I can get a 26+ so I can apply to DO but I want to have a back up plan...Therefore, AUC is my only back up plan.

If you get above a 26 on the MCAT, and still don't make it to DO, why not consider an SMP instead? If you successfully complete the SMP, you might be able to make it into a US med school, which will increase your chances greatly for landing a residency. Not saying AUC isn't a good school, but its something you should consider after you've exhausted all your options in trying to get into a US school Even the best Caribbean schools have a lower residency placement rate than US schools.

Unzbuzzled

Reaction score
If you get above a 26 on the MCAT, and still don't make it to DO, why not consider an SMP instead? If you successfully complete the SMP, you might be able to make it into a US med school, which will increase your chances greatly for landing a residency. Not saying AUC isn't a good school, but its something you should consider after you've exhausted all your options in trying to get into a US school Even the best Caribbean schools have a lower residency placement rate than US schools.

^Definitely. And with all the new US schools opening, there will be even fewer residency spots open to IMGs. Do an SMP and don't look back!

dnoel075

Reaction score
I am a canadian student. I was wondering what were my chances of getting into AUC with an MCAT of 20 and a GPA of 3.6

advair250

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd retake the MCAT, if you got a 20, i'd take the bet of you failing out..

Unzbuzzled

Reaction score
I am a canadian student. I was wondering what were my chances of getting into AUC with an MCAT of 20 and a GPA of 3.6

100%. You could probably apply to a faculty position there with your GPA. Retake your MCAT and attend school in the States.