My chances at AUC...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Temperature101

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Non-traditional with 8+ years nursing experience...
URM
3.15 cGPA
3.35 sGPA
20 MCAT (4VR, 7PS, 9BS)

I am retaking the mcat in April 2013 to see if I can get a 26+ so I can apply to DO but I want to have a back up plan...Therefore, AUC is my only back up plan.

Members don't see this ad.

Non-traditional with 8+ years nursing experience...
URM
3.15 cGPA
3.35 sGPA
20 MCAT (4VR, 7PS, 9BS)

I am retaking the mcat in April 2013 to see if I can get a 26+ so I can apply to DO but I want to have a back up plan...Therefore, AUC is my only back up plan.

If you get above a 26 on the MCAT, and still don't make it to DO, why not consider an SMP instead? If you successfully complete the SMP, you might be able to make it into a US med school, which will increase your chances greatly for landing a residency. Not saying AUC isn't a good school, but its something you should consider after you've exhausted all your options in trying to get into a US school Even the best Caribbean schools have a lower residency placement rate than US schools.

If you get above a 26 on the MCAT, and still don't make it to DO, why not consider an SMP instead? If you successfully complete the SMP, you might be able to make it into a US med school, which will increase your chances greatly for landing a residency. Not saying AUC isn't a good school, but its something you should consider after you've exhausted all your options in trying to get into a US school Even the best Caribbean schools have a lower residency placement rate than US schools.

^Definitely. And with all the new US schools opening, there will be even fewer residency spots open to IMGs. Do an SMP and don't look back!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a canadian student. I was wondering what were my chances of getting into AUC with an MCAT of 20 and a GPA of 3.6

I'd retake the MCAT, if you got a 20, i'd take the bet of you failing out..

I am a canadian student. I was wondering what were my chances of getting into AUC with an MCAT of 20 and a GPA of 3.6

100%. You could probably apply to a faculty position there with your GPA. Retake your MCAT and attend school in the States.