My Chances at Optometry School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tattooedhearts

Full Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know it's hard to give an answer without OAT scores. I'm not taking mine until summer. I'm just concerned about my gpa. I have a 3.4 overall and I don't see it moving much by the end of this semester. I've gotten B's in most of my science courses and I've also retaken general chemistry 2 and organic chemistry. Is this a dealbreaker for most schools? Has anyone gotten in while being in a similar situation. Thanks!

School list:
*OSU (my state school, cheapest option)
SUNY
All 3 California schools
NECO
Salus
 
GPA isn't everything.
Depends on your extracurriculars, letters of rec, personal statement, etc.
No one will be able to give you a definitive yes or no answer, just take what you've got and work with it.
 
When I applied this cycle, I had a 3.3 gpa (cumulative) and got into all 3 California schools--I also retook ochem and statistics. But like ojos said, it truly is a combination of things from your entire application. Good luck and go for it! You are more than your numbers 🙂
 
Last edited: