My chances at SGU/AUC/AUA

Started by coolguy1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

coolguy1

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My chances at SGU/AUC/AUA. I have a very low gpa because of many personal reasons and an accident that caused me to miss class and fail courses in freshman year. Even though I have gotten good grades since, it has not raised my overall and science gpa significantly but I have a high mcat score:

overall gpa: 2.6

science gpa: 2.3

MCAT score: 33S (11B,11P,11V)
 
Hmmm, really good MCAT, but really low GPAs. I really don't know. Ross and SGU will offer you something most likely (MERP, Charter, or AEP). I don't think/know if AUC has any other programs like that but with that MCAT, I don't know if they'd flat out reject you and the same goes for SABA.

If SABA did reject you it would most likely be due to class size and they'd probably refer you to MUA, where you'd almost definitely get accepted. If you're not in a rush I would do a post-bacc or get a Master's or something and try the U.S. schools, but if you're really bent on the Carib I wouldn't be too worried about not getting in to one of them in some shape or form just apply early.
 
Sure, why not.

You should be fine for all 4 schools if you apply super early.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
have you tried to directly contact any of the schools? The admissions counselors have a better understanding of what who will or will not get accepted. Is there any way you can increase your science gpa? do you have any volunteer work?
 
have you tried to directly contact any of the schools? The admissions counselors have a better understanding of what who will or will not get accepted. Is there any way you can increase your science gpa? do you have any volunteer work?

Aww how cute Kare Bear is learning.. yeah OP do what she says.. she's right.
 
Yea I was a medical assistant in nuclear medicine for United Radiology.

I intern with over 400 hours accumulated so far for the R. Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center of Maryland with the physician-in-chief Dr. Scalea.

I have a non-clinical leadership experience as a manager at best buy.

I also will be volunteering for a fire house starting this summer.

I have LOR's from Dr. Scalea, the owner of united radiology clinics, my orgo 1 teacher, my best buy general manager, and from a cardiologist from Walter-Reed hospital.

I know they do not require a bachelors degree so I was planning on just going early without graduating from undergrad. My science gpa can go up, but it won't be significant even if I get A's in all my science courses from here on out because they average everything out. I am applying for the January term.
 
i think SGU does require a bachlors.. i even know people who were in the middle of their masters and got accepted to SGU but SGU told them they have to finish their masters before they can start at SGU.
 
My chances at SGU/AUC/AUA. I have a very low gpa because of many personal reasons and an accident that caused me to miss class and fail courses in freshman year. Even though I have gotten good grades since, it has not raised my overall and science gpa significantly but I have a high mcat score:

overall gpa: 2.6

science gpa: 2.3

MCAT score: 33S (11B,11P,11V)

since when did ppl start mentioning AUA along side SGU and AUC!
AUA is not 50 state yet. email SGU and ask, theyre pretty prompt in replying.

someone1 wrote on vmd, that even their mom cud get into sgu.
so...there you go.....apply.
 
since when did ppl start mentioning AUA along side SGU and AUC!
AUA is not 50 state yet. email SGU and ask, theyre pretty prompt in replying.

someone1 wrote on vmd, that even their mom cud get into sgu.
so...there you go.....apply.



they forgot to mention that their mom is the chief of cardiology at NYU.