My Chances for Fall 2009?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dental4life05

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
University of Houston, Psychology/Pre-Dental Major...I applied to about 16 schools. I graduate next yr.

These are my stats:
-3.36 overall GPA
-3.33 Science GPA
-100 hrs of shadowing
-Have been working as a dental assistant for 2 yrs, I am a certified Dental Assistant by the state board of Texas
- 100hrs of volunteering at a hospital
- 40 hrs of research in the biology department
DAT:
aa: 18
ts: 20
bio: 22
gchem: 20
ochem: 18
rc: 19
qr: 18
pat: 19

I'm applying to all the schools that are liberal in terms of GPA, and from what I saw on pre-dents, I applied to my state schools, and all the outside schools that are not that high on GPA. Thanks, let me know what you guys think, you guys think I have a shot?

Members don't see this ad.

University of Houston, Psychology/Pre-Dental Major...I applied to about 16 schools. I graduate next yr.

These are my stats:
-3.36 overall GPA
-3.33 Science GPA
-100 hrs of shadowing
-Have been working as a dental assistant for 2 yrs, I am a certified Dental Assistant by the state board of Texas
DAT:

I'm applying to all the schools that are liberal in terms of GPA, and from what I saw on pre-dents, I applied to my state schools, and all the outside schools that are not that high on GPA. Thanks, let me know what you guys think, you guys think I have a shot?

Hmm you should make sure to apply to private schools, which I'm sure you've already done. AA a little low (don't get me wrong, still good), but you seem like you know exactly what you're doing judging from those killer ECs. I'm sure you'll get in!

i think you have a chance, especially if you apply early! i agree that the aa of 18 is a little low but your ts and pat, which are the ones that really matter are good, and your rc is decent, so you should be fine!

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope so guys, I'm just sooo scared that I won't get in anywhere, btw I did apply to private schools. I'm praying I get in somewhere, my ECs are good, but I hope my GPA doesn't lower my chances. I've always been just around a B+ ~ A student. Oh, btw I applied EARLY MAY (during the week of finals), is that bad, should I have done it earlier? whats the earliest I can apply? Oh and btw, I'm still finishing my pre-reqs this upcoming fall and spring, just Physics and Bio Chem nothing I needed for the DAT, is that also a bad thing?

may 15th is the earliest you can apply. so you shouldn't (couldn't) have done it any earlier. i wouldn't worry about not having completed your pre-reqs yet. Schools just want to make sure you get them done by the time you start.

Do you think, my ECs give me a good advantage? Thats one of the area's I tried to do very well in.

These are my stats:
-3.36 overall GPA
-3.33 Science GPA
-100 hrs of shadowing
DAT:

I think you have a shot, but it might not be a legit shot, however.

Schedule a retake and try to improve your AA by 2 points and I'd say you are set.

Good luck!

I think you have a shot, but it might not be a legit shot, however.

Schedule a retake and try to improve your AA by 2 points and I'd say you are set.

Good luck!

I'm thinking about retaking it, do you think I'd have a for sure shot if i get a 20 to AT LEAST 1 of my 16 choices?