• It's our birthday!

Thank you to all our members and donors for supporting us for since 1999.

My chances for UNC OOS?

ajlst11

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2008
Pittsburgh
  1. Pre-Dental
    Ok, so UNC is my top choice school. I want to go there, and I plan on practicing there after. However, I have yet to hear anything back about an interview, and I am beginning to worry because of what I have heard about OOS acceptances. I would give anything to go to UNC, and I am just wondering what you guys think about my chances.

GPA- 3.95
    DAT- 21/22/23 AA/TS/PAT
    I have over 260 hours of shadowing/assisting, play division 1-AA football, have a bunch of community service.

I think I have good stats and everything, but I REALLY want to attend UNC and I have been hearing that my chances aren't so good because I am OOS. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

jmt1984

7+ Year Member
    Aug 17, 2009
      I'm applying to UNC too, but I live in NC. So from what I've read here and on UNC's site is that most of the class is in state, like 70 out of 80 students, and it seems that the out of state people are interviewed earlier (check out predents.com) That being said, only half the class is made up of people who interview before Dec (check the UNC 2010 thread). Also, your scores are pretty awesome, so I would think that if anyone would have a chance, you would. Good luck! :thumbup:

About the Ads

FutureDent020

Endodontist
      10+ Year Member
      Jun 3, 2009
      1. Dentist
        When did you submit your application? They prefer out of staters to submit before august... So they can interview them early and fill those spots. You are obviously competitive, but if you submitted after August that may be hurting you

bigstix808

Mac Daddy Member
        10+ Year Member
        Oct 10, 2007
        GA
        1. Dentist
          UNC historically does their interviews in bulk and the OOS-prospects usually all attend the same interview (early/mid october from what i recall). if you're not in that one its prob pretty slim you'll get one

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.